Chapter 13

As we walked through the magnificent place that was absolutely indescribable in it's great beauty, we could see the king far off sitting on his just as incredible throne made of sticks and leaves. We were guided down through the city and into the depths of a dungeon, surprisingly, quite beautiful as well. There were minimal other prisoners but i took in the place with open eyes.

"Into the cells" one elf said and swiftly opened the first door, giving dwalin a nice shove inside.

"This is not the end of it! You hear me?" Dwalin protested and gave the cell a swift kick before gripping the bars. It never took long before the lot of us were sorted into cells, i however, was fortunate enough to have my own cell seeing that i am a woman. At that point i took note of Bilbo's absence and my mind started racing.

Had i lost him? Was he alright? Surely he was alright! Perhaps he could even be of service to us now?

"Let us out of here!" Gloin thundered from a few cells down and gave a shake to the bars.

"Get off me!" Dori smacked as he was tossed into the final cell with arms flailing.

The elf in charge of Fili then found another large dagger hidden in his coat, and Fili sighed in frustration just beside me.

"Damn elves." He muttered under his breath, "did we not already know this?"

After a few moments of complete silence other than some sweet talk coming from Kili as he desperately tried to woo himself out of the cell, the others started slamming themselves up against the bars making large noises while i slumped against the wall.

"Leave it! There's no way out. This is no Orc dungeon; these are the halls of the Woodland Realm. No one leaves here but by the king's consent." They all seemed to relax at that accept for a few who gave a final kick or shake.

Then, i had a witty idea... Kili's plan failed but he was a dwarf, i was a Hobbit. There is a wild feud between dwarves and elves, but little to be known between elves and hobbits...

I laughed under my breath just slightly and waited for the proper passing guard. I could embarrass myself, but no more then Kili had, a complete rejection.... I could wish for no less than that.

As the proper guard strode up past, i cleared my throat and gained the perfect glance of attention i wished.

"Wait, excuse me." I said as he tried to continue walking and he gracefully turned to face me, his long brown hair catching the light.

"Yes?" He asked, his face kind.

"Is it true that the elves are the wisest of all creatures?" I asked, a touch of flattery. He gave me a strange look and replied a quick yes. "Have i heard true that the elves are the fairest?" He nodded in reply, a change of confusion twisting on his face. "I can see for myself the elves are also the most handsome." I said, my breath short and my smile, cheeky.

"Have you anything else to say?" He said with a straight face as if my compliments hadn't swayed him.

"No." I grumbled before he continued walking on. I heard a few of the dwarves laughing in their cells and i spoke up again to the lot of them, "shove off... I got closer than all of you would with your bloody beady eyes and tangly bearded faces."

They all went quieter for a moment, my words ringing perfectly true to most of them.

"I'd like to mention that not all of us leave that statement ringing true." Kili said from the cell to my left with huff.

" 'course i never meant that to the princes..." I said in a hushed voice, holding back a grin.

"So the princes are appealing to you, are we?" He chuckled and it was so much easier to reply that i wasn't able to look into either of their eyes.