Chapter 56

Hey beautiful readers...

today I had to do an exam and got to come home early so I though since I was in a good mood that I would post another chapter :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-RYAN’S POV-

It was three days before school and to be honest, even though it’s my first year, I wanted to focus on the band so much more now. I want to record some songs and get going with this career with the boys, I don’t need college? If this whole band thing doesn’t work, I can always come back to school and be a lawyer or something.

I talked it over with the guys last night and they all agreed. Jamie hated high school, so he was all for it. The only bad thing about this plan was Eleanor. I didn’t want to leave her and I was assuming she wouldn’t just blow off school to go on the road with a amateur band.

The sun was just about setting when she knocked on my door. I had texted her to come over so we could talk. She texted me back saying she had to tell me something too, which made me incredibly anxious. The three guys were out so it would just be me and her.

I swung open the door to be met by my beautiful angel.

“Hey,” was all she said. She walked past me into the condo, I shut the door slowly, worrying because of her tone.

“So what’s up?” I asked, sitting on the ottoman across from her sitting cross’legged on the couch, in a grey sweater and leggings. Her hair perfectly framed her face like it always did.

“I can’t go to college down here,” she blurted.

“That’s great!” I responded. Now maybe she would be more willing to come on the road with us.

“Excuse me?”

Shit.

I mean, ummm.. why?” I smiled sheepishly.

“Nathan, of course, messed with my application. He somehow made it so that I’m not on the list of students,” she was fumbling with her fingers now, staring at them.

“Okay, well maybe it’s for the best!”

“What?” she asked.

“Me and the guys were talking, and we were thinking that we were gonna ditch the college plan and just go on the road promoting the band! And I would never want to leave you baby, so I was wondering if you would want to join us?”

She stared at me expressionless, why I just winced waiting for her reply.

“I have to go to school Ryan,” and then tears began to well in her eyes.

“No, no, no! Don’t cry babe! It’s okay, I don’t have to go!”

“No, Ryan, you don’t understand-” I was now holding her in my arms, stroking her hair. It hurt me so much seeing her cry, it was one of the worst things to see this fragile girl shed a single tear. I whispered calming words, repeating that I wouldn’t leave her. But apparently I was completely wrong.

“I have to go back to Minnesota Ryan!” We both went still. The silence instantly became the loudest noise. She looked me straight in the eyes like it was the hardest thing she ever had too do. Then she let out a heavy sigh.

“I need to go to school,” she whispered, laying her forehead upon my shoulder.

“I’ll come with you.”

“No!” she protested. “I am not getting in the way of your dream! You have an amazing talent and you need to take advantage of this opportunity you have,” her voice cracked, and more tears rolled down her smooth cheek.

I felt like my world was ending.

“Did you really think this was going to last forever? This perfect fantasy we made?” her eyes sparkled with sadness, she let out a little laugh to try to get through what she was saying.

“Ryan, I have to leave tomorrow night. I’m going to the community college back home.” She sniffled and let out a sob. I felt paralyzed, I was losing my light in life.

“Eleanor…” I began.

“Ryan, this is already so hard. And I’m so sorry I have to do this. But maybe we were just young and in love, intrigued at the thought of a Summer romance,” she smiled through tears. “I’m sure this will be for the best, at least I hope. We need to focus on the our future now. I won’t let you give up your dream, I’m just holding you back…” she sighed half-heartedly and got up.

“Goodbye Ryan, I will always love you.”

Her satin lips kissed my cheek gently and my true love walked out the door.