Twelve

a/n I just bought Badlands and I would totally recommend it. All Halsey's songs are amazing!! Anywaysssssss Heres chapter 12.

Jc's POV:

"Hey baby."

"Who's she?" Lindsay asked, straightening up and looking at me. I was a little bit wobbly and my vision was blurred, I couldn't quite make out her features. I could see she had long blonde hair, and a mole on her face. No way... It couldn't be..

"Lia?" I asked with a look of horror on my face.

"Nice to see you too. I just wanted to drop something off with you, I can't look after it anymore." she said the word with a sneer. "Go inside." she pointed inside the house.

"We are inside." I told her confused. Lindsay grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently, but with urgency. What was she seeing that I wasn't? I felt something brush past my hip, I looked down to see what it was, but it was gone already.

I looked at the ground for what felt like a minute, but it must have been longer because by the time I looked back up, Lia was gone and Lindsay was sitting on the bed. Something red beside her. Maybe this was all a dream... Yeah.. I'm just going to go to sleep and when I wake up everything will be normal again. I walked over to the bed and curled up in a ball, I heard Lindsay calling my name but I was already sleeping.

The next day...

"JC WAKE UP!" Someone pushed me so hard that I fell off the bed. My head was pounding, and I felt so sick. I quickly ran to the bathroom and vomited.

"Shit.." I mumbled. I wiped my face and walked out. The room was an epic disaster. Toilet paper was spread across the room, red solo cups were everywhere, and someone spilled the bottle of vodka on the carpet.

"Brent is gonna be pissed at us.." Brent is our manager, and he's the one who has to deal with the hotel fees and that kind of shit.

"Yeah... That's not our biggest problem right now.." Kian shook his head. Elaine and Sammy were cleaning, but Lindsay was no where to be seen. What the fuck.

"Where's Lindsay? Is she okay?" I said, instantly getting protective.

"If something happened to Lindsay do you really think me and Elaine would be helping you clean?" Sammy rolled his eyes. He had a point though. "She's in the hallway. Go see for yourself." I furrowed my eyebrows. Why would she be in the hallway? I walked out and spotted her hand and hand with a little girl with red hair. She looked about two, maybe three.

"Lindsay!" I called out. She glanced at me long enough to give me a dirty look, and than looked down at the child again. She was examining her arms, what? "Lindsay, what's going on." I asked when I got closer. And than I saw what she was looking at. On the girls arm was scratches and burns, did someone do this to her?

"Lindsay.. Who did this to her?"

"Her mother." I felt anger rise up in me. How could someone ever do that to an innocent little girl? I clenched my fists and Lindsay grabbed my left hand. She rubbed her thumb over my knuckles, making me calm down. I took a breath before talking to the girl.

"Hey, don't worry. You're safe now. We will make sure your mother doesn't get you back." the girl shook her head and started crying.

"Mommy doesn't like me.. She says she hates me.. She says I have to live with daddy now.." I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Maybe your daddy will be nice to you. Where is your daddy?" Lindsay asked her. The little girl turned her attention to Lindsay.

"I don't know where daddy is.." tears flowed from her little eyes like a waterfall. They dripped off her little cheeks and fell to the floor.

"We will find your dad. Don't worry." I assured her.

"Do you know your daddy's name?" Lindsay asked, holding both of her hands and staring into her eyes. She was really good with kids.

"Mommy says his name is Jc." My heart dropped. No way.. The look on Lindsay's face showed she was in undeniable shock.

"Do you know your mommy's name?" I asked shaking. This couldn't be happening. She shook her head and wiped some of the tears away.

"She has your cheeks... Your nose.. Your ears.. And your eyes.." Lindsay said looking between me and the girl.

"How old are you?" I can't believe this is happening.. Maybe it's all an elaborate prank..

The little girl held up two fingers.

"And what's your name?" I saw a few tears escape from Lindsay's eyes.

"Zoey." Me and Lia talked about baby names.. She wanted to name her baby Zoey.. Her age matches up, her name matches up..

a/n So for this next part, I was listening to Hello by Adele while writing it and I actually started crying.. Okay..

"Lindsay.. I think..." I gulped. "I think I really am her father.." I couldn't stand up any longer, my knees wobbled and I fell to the floor. Zoey looked at me with her glassy brown eyes and held out her arms for a hug. I opened mine in return and hugged her. I couldn't stop crying, and I wouldn't let her go. I thought she was gone.. Lia told me she was gone..

We went back into the room and I explained how this happened to everyone. Short version is, we had sex (obviously), and she got pregnant. We were going to keep the baby, but there was a miscarriage, or so Lia told me. I was heart broken, but I knew it wasn't anyone's fault. I just.. Don't know why she would hide something like this from me....