Twenty-seven

Lindsay's POV:

"Miss me?" He was standing there, with his hands in his jeans pockets and a look of arrogance played across his muscular face. My body stiffened and I took a step backwards, my knees almost buckling under my body weight.
"What are you doing here?" I said between my clenched jaw. My hands tightened into fists at my side.
"I came to get what was mine." He took a step towards me menacingly.
"I have nothing of yours." I glared at him. 
"Oh but baby you do. You're mine, and that child is mine." He took another step towards me, his foot lingering in the doorway.
"That baby is gone. And I am not yours. Goodbye Derek." I tried to shut the door, but he stuck his foot in.
"You killed my baby?" Derek forced his way through the door. He pushed me up against the wall, towering over me with a look of fury. "You had no right to kill my baby. And you had no right to leave me. You're still mine." He had me stuck in between him and the wall, I wanted to move, to push him away, but I was so afraid.
"I am not, yours. GET OUT!" I yelled at him. I could see the surprise in his eyes as he took a step backwards.
"What's going on?" Jc said, coming towards the door. His jaw was taut as he walked up to Derek's face.
"This the new guy? A youtuber? You have to be kidding me." Derek looked at me with annoyance.
"Better than a wannabe rapper." I glared. "Get out Derek, before you get hurt."
"You'd know all about that wouldn't you?" He grinned and raised his hand. I flinched and Jc put his arm around me protectively. "I'll be back." Derek turned around and walked towards his little black car, he smiled at me before he got in and skidded away.
"Who was that?" Jc asked as he closed the door. Tears started to flow down my face in a steady stream.
"Derek." I fell to the floor and hugged my knees up to my chest, burying my face. Jc sat down and put his arm around me, closing the distance between us. We stayed like that for a good twenty minutes until I felt Jc get up.
"Alright. Come on." Jc put one arm under my legs and one on my back as he picked me up and carried me to our room, shutting the door with his foot behind us. He put me on the bed and sat down next to me.
"Who was that?" Jc asked me, more serious and calm than I had ever seen him before. I bit my cheek, hesitating, but than realized I had to tell him.
"Derek. He's my ex." I looked down at my feet.
"What happened with you guys? Elaine said she heard something about uhm, a baby." My heart dropped. I didn't want to tell him. I don't want to tell him. But he should know.
"He got me pregnant. A couple years before we got together. When I met you, I was just getting over him. All the things he did to me.. You were my fresh start." My tears started to dry up and Jc held my hand on the bed.
"What did he do? To make you so scared of him?" That was the question I didn't want him to ask. I rolled up my sleeve and pointed to my arm.
"Remember the burn I got from baking cookies? I said I accidentally closed the oven on my arm?" Jc nodded. "It wasn't the oven. We had a big fight. He thought I was hitting on Sam's friend, so he tied me to a chair and took a lighter to my arm. I screamed so loud, that the neighbours called the cops. But when they came, I told them it was a baking accident, so I've stuck with it since then." I pulled my sleeve down. I got up and pulled pants down enough to reveal my inner thigh where there was an ugly scar surrounded one section.
"You didn't fall off your bike did you?" Jc's eyes welled up with tears. I shook my head and big my lip.
"We were having sex, and he was mad because I didn't tell him about being pregnant right away. He bit me so hard, that he took a chunk out of my leg. I had to get it sewn back on. I told the doctors it was a dog bite." I pulled my pants back up. "There's so many more, with even worse stories behind them. I used to have to go to school with sunglasses on because I would have a black eye almost every week." My vision started to get blurry, I could hardly see Jc anymore.
"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry all of this happened to you. You should have never had to go through that. How did you get away?" I took a deep breath and crossed my legs.
"Sam's best friend, Skate. He had a sister. She was my best friend. Skate came to see her one day, and found her in bed with Derek. He knew that him and I were dating so he went to Sam and they beat him up. After that, they grabbed me and Sapphire (skates sister) and took us to their place. They forced me to tell them what he did to me, and I told them how I was pregnant. They took me to the hospital and I got an abortion the next day. I was glad to be away from him, but I was so angry at Sapphire for a sleeping with him, that I punched her in the face and never talked to her again." I buried my face in Jc's shoulder and let more tears slip out of my eyes. "So now you know." I whispered.
"I'm so sorry. It's gonna be okay. You're safe with me." Jc pulled me closer to him and hugged me with all his might, making me feel like the most protected and loved girl in the world.
a/n: this is getting intense. sorry I haven't update in a while! I've been super busy with school and personal stuff😊 VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT CHAPTER!! Love u guys💖