Sixteen

Jc's POV

I was groggy, but I was waking up. I didn't remember what happened, all I remember was seeing Zoey's little face through the mirror. I opened my eyes and started to hyperventilate, I was in a hospital bed surrounded by blue curtains. There were needles in my arms, electrodes on my chest, and an oxygen mask on my face. I could hear my heart monitor going crazy, a minute later, a nurse came rushing in.
"Calm down. Calm down. It's okay. You're okay. Calm down." I took the oxygen mask off so I could talk properly.
"Why am I here? Where's my daughter?" I asked her with urgency.
"You got in a car accident sir. Please calm down"
"Where's my daughter?"
"Sir, please calm down." I was getting agitated. I started to sit up but she pushed me back down.
"Please calm down sir. I'll talk to you when you're calm." Okay. Okay. I tried my best to calm my heart rate.

"Where's my daughter?" I asked once I calmed down. The nurse breathed in and held up a finger, telling me one minute. Why? Why was she being so secretive? A moment later, Lindsay walked in. Her eyes were full of tears and she could hardly talk, she just spoke two words, "I'm sorry." My heart sank. Why was she sorry? What happened? I had so many questions, but I couldn't say them, because I was afraid of the answers.

"You were pulling out of the beach parking lot. There was a drunk driver, he was going way too fast. He hit the drivers side of your car. It's a miracle that your alive." Lindsay said through her tears.

"Zoey.." I began to say. Lindsay's knees began to shake as tears flowed down her cheeks. She shook her head through all her tears and her bottom lip quivered.

"She didn't make it Jc. She died on impact. I'm so sorry." Lindsay fell to the ground and sobbed. I wanted to tell her it was okay, I wanted to comfort her, but I couldn't. I was in shock, there must be a mistake, she can't be dead. Tears flowed out of my eyes, I was at a loss for words. I just got into her life.. And she's gone already.. Lindsay got up off the floor and held my hand, we just sat there without saying a word as tears ran down our faces.

2 weeks later..

"Alright Justin Castillo, you're free to go. Just make sure you take one of these everyday, and don't walk too much on that foot." The nurse told me. I nodded and took the pills from her hand. Lindsay wheeled me out of the hospital, Kian was waiting for us with the car outside. I hadn't seen him since the crash.

"Hey." Kian smiled at me. He had stitches on the top right of his forehead, but at least he's alive. I got up and hugged him.

"Why didn't you come see me?" I asked him. He was my best friend, and I didn't see him once.

"I did, but you were sleeping. You had all these tubes in you and, I just wasn't strong enough to see you like that. Lindsay was strong, I knew you were being taken care of. If not I would have been there everyday. You know that." I nodded and pulled him into another hug. Lindsay helped me into the backseat of the car while Kian threw my crutches in the trunk.

We got home, it was hard for me to walk through the door. I saw a pair of Zoey's shoes sitting in the closet. I closed my eyes, trying not to cry again. All I've been doing is crying. I sat down on the couch and pet Wishbone and Vega while Lindsay and Kian talked in the other room. I took my crutches and hobbled slowly up the stairs before anyone realized I was gone, and got my self up to Zoey's room. I walked in and it smelled like her, my heart dropped. I hopped over to her bed and sat down. I looked around her room, staring at every star on her ceiling, ever stuffed animal on the floor, every painting on the wall. I threw my crutches to the floor and curled myself into a ball on her bed, scrunching the sheets in between my fingers. I was crying so much I was soaking her blanket, but who cares, she's never going to use it anymore. I'm never going to hear her cute little laugh, or see her big smile, I wasn't going to watch cartoons with her  and laugh when something stupid came on. It was all.. over. Now she's just.. a memory. I put my face into her pillow and I could smell her strawberry shampoo, I didn't want to move. I wanted to sit there, and cry, but that's when I heard the door bell ring. I was so wrapped up in the memory and realization that she was gone, that I didn't bother getting up and seeing who it was, but someone answered the door, and I heard a familiar voice yelling downstairs.

a/n this chapter made me sad. cant believe I killed Zoey off. anyways, who do you think is yelling downstairs? Alsoooooo THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS YALL ARE THE BEST EVERRRR