Chapter 15

Chapter 15 of Mixed Feelings

Steph’s Point of View

I wonder why there are storms. I wonder why there are such things as ‘thunder’ and ‘lightning.’ The only reason I’m asking questions like these is because right now I have a clear view of the window. There’s a storm outside right now. I absolutely hate storms. They freak me out to no extent. I just wish Harry was awake so he could comfort me, but sadly he’s quietly snoring away. I guess he’s a heavy sleeper, well heavier than me, because he hasn’t moved since the storm happened.

Storms. They scare me to high heaven. But when it’s just rain pouring outside, I love it.  I love to dance in it, jump in the puddles, and just absorb the feeling. It just makes me feel like life I so surreal.

I’m knocked out of my thoughts by Niall walking from I don’t know where.

“Steph?” Niall whispered.

“Yeah?” I whispered back

“Do you want anything to… um… eat?” He asked a little unsurely.

“Um… yeah. That’d be great Niall.” I said “Just let me get out from under Harry.” I  added. I tried to move but it was no use.

“Need help?” Niall laughed.

“Yes please!” I responded.

~*~

“Do you want pancakes, waffles, cereal…” Niall asked.

“Yes.” I cut him off.

“Yes what?” Niall asked.

“Pancakes, waffles, and cereal. Maybe some fruit.” I said/thought out loud.

“Um, ALL that?”

“Yes?! I haven’t eaten in a long time.” I said pleadingly.

“Okay. Chef Niall to the rescue!!!” Niall said while putting his fist in the air and running to the stove in the kitchen.

“Good morning.” A groggy voice sounded from behind me. Their hands snaked around my waist and they rested their head in top of mine. “Whatcha up to, love?” Oh. So it’s Harry.

“Getting Niall to make me breakfast.” I giggled. I don’t know why I’m giggling right now. I guess it’s just the effect that Harry has on me.

“That’s good” Harry says.

“What’s good?” I said defensively.

“Just that you’re eating.” Harry said.

I just nodded my head and went with Niall to help cook breakfast.

~*~

“So what do we need?” I             asked. We both decided to make the pancakes first.

“Um . We need a bowl, flour and eggs?” He said as a question.

“Do you know how to make pancakes?”

“Yes!”

“Okay, Okay.” I said while raising my hands up in a ‘calm down’ style.

I came up with a good idea though. If we weren’t going to make them right why make them at all?

“Oh, Niall.” I said making him turn around.

I took some of the flour and threw it in his black T-shirt.

“You didn’t!” He said giving me the ‘death stare.’

“But I did.” I said then got an egg and got on my tippy toes and cracked it on top of his head. “And I did that too.” I said trying hard not to laugh.

“You’re going to get it!!!!” He said then went to the fridge and got out ketchup and mustard bottles.

“Niall. You wouldn’t”

“But I would.” He laughed.

I decided to run. To where? I had no idea. I ended up trapped between Niall and a cabinet. I was trapped. Uh-oh.

“Please?” I begged. But before he had the chance to get me dirty I saw Zayn walk into the kitchen.

“Best friend!!! Help me!!” I yelled over to Zayn.

“What’s going on?” Zayn said. He was confused.

“Just help me please?!” I said

“Nah. I’d rather do this.” Zayn said. He took the bottle of Mustard from Niall and squeezed it in top of my head.

“Zayn!!!” I screamed.

“Calm down babe.” He said and made his way in front of him. Niall left to go clean himself up I guess.

But again I was trapped.

He looks so cute when we just wakes up. I thought.

No! I have Harry.

But look at Zayn! He’s so cute.

“Zayn?”

He didn’t say anything only looking at me.

Then he started moving closer.

“Zayn?” I repeat.

But we’re already kissing each other.