8. Two Weeks Later...

"Come on Tyler, sit down on the couch", dad says. He held me up to keep me from falling and set me down slowly onto the couch.

"Thanks dad", I say smiling at him. He smiles back and sits down next to me laying his hand around my shoulders.

"Get better", he says.

So it turns out I had a strange case that the doctors didn't understand. Today the doctors said I was somewhat better and to stay off my feet for the next few days to rest. I was told to have sodas and cookies, so I didn't complain.

"Let me go get you something to drink."

"Coke please?" I ask him.

"Of course", he says smiling and walks away.

~

~The Next Monday~

I was finally going back to school after being sick for the last two weeks. I got dressed into my white high-low tank top, red plaid pants, and black heeled booties. I put on a necklace and some natural makeup.

I grabbed my backpack and skipped downstairs. I did my usual and sat down next to dad at the breakfast bar. I leaned over and gave him a side hug.

"I'm glad you're better Tyler", dad says.

"Me too", I say smiling. Pepper walked over to us and smiled at me.

"Good morning Tyler, glad to see you're up and healthy", she says handing me pancakes.

"Thank you, Pepper."

~

"Amelia", I hear Peter says waving at me and running over to me.

"Peter!" I mimic him. He jumps into my arms and hugs me tightly.

"I was so worried about you!"

"You shouldn't have worried. I'm fine now anyways", I laugh.

"I'm glad...you look nice today", he says and look down at my outfit.

"Um...thanks Peter", I say confusingly.

"Hey, while you were out sick, did you get your paper signed for the field trip?"

"Yeah, it's in my bag." I tap on my bag and he smiles.

"Great, Mr. Mas says we could be in the same group!" he says ecstatic.

"Awesome! What about Barry though?"

"Oh, he can't go, I think he said him and his foster family are going to out of the city to see friends."

"Whatever, it's a good thing I have TWO best friends!" I smile and pull him back into a hug.

A/N****I just wanted to make a small chapter that made a little sense tonight. I also wanted to upload this to tell you I will be changing the book's name and cover.
It's going to be called "To Weird To Live, To Rare To Die"