38. Schooled

~One Month Later~

"Tyler, you got something in the mail!" Dad yelled. I ran downstairs and grabbed a yellow envelope from his hands.

I ripped it open and screamed in excitement. "OH MY GOD!" I yelled.

"What? What is it?"

"I GOT IN! I got into CCU!" I said as I started jumping up and down.

"What is CCU?" Dad asked me.

"It's Central City University! I heard it has an AMAZING class for majoring in forensic science!" I ran into my dad's arms and hugged him tightly. "This is the best news I have heard in months!"

"Wow, Tyler, that's amazing! I'm very proud of you. But...you want to major in forensic science?"

"I really want to work in law enforcement, but I want to be behind the scenes, you know? Plus, I love getting my hands dirty", I said with a slight laugh.

"Well, I guess if it's what you love. When does it start?"

"Classes start this August. But I move into dorms at the end of July."

"Dorms? No, no, no. That's the one thing I will not allow. You are to have an apartment", dad said.

"I can't afford one though, dad."

"Did you forget your dad is a billionaire?"

"Dad, I don't want to make you pay for an apartment", I said as my dad smiled.

"I insist!" Dad said, "You better start looking for an apartment soon!"

"Okay! Thanks dad!" I said and gave him another hug.

~Move In Week~

All of my things were packed. I had found an apartment with a nice kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a nice living room. It was almost perfect...I just wish my best friends were here.

Dad walked into the apartment with the last box. He set it aside and walked over to me to give me one last hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, Tyler", dad said.

"I'll miss you too, dad. But don't worry too much", I told him.

"Just don't get into any trouble."

"I won't", I said, squeezing him tightly, "I love you."

"I love you too", he said and walked out of my apartment.

I looked around the apartment. I can't believe I live here, all by myself.

~First Day of College~

The room was bright and had flowers all around it

The room was bright and had flowers all around it. I smiled as I walked by all the different students in the hallways. I was trying to find my class for forensic science.

I stopped and turned around, thinking I might have passed it. I stepped back a little and bumped into someone. They made an oof sound and fell to the floor.

"Oops, I'm sorry", I said turning around and reaching my hand out to let them up.

They brushed their pants and sighed. "It's okay, I'm fine", they said. I gasped a little when I heard their voice. They stood up and looked at me. My mouth nearly dropped to the floor.

"Barry..." I said as his eyes widened.

"T-Tyler, what are you doing here?" Barry asked me.

"I'm here to learn...that's what you do at college."

"But, why Central City College?"

"It has the highest rated class for forensic science. I want to work in forensic criminology."

"You have to be kidding me", Barry said with a small smile, "I'm here as a forensic science major too!"

"Really?" Really was all I could say. I didn't know if I should be happy or worried. I still loved Barry and I didn't want those feelings getting in the way of school.

"Maybe we could catch up later at lunch?" Barry asked. I just nodded. "Great, see you then!" He then fixed his books in his arms and ran off. This was going to be a long few years.

A/N***Sorry that it's been awhile and that this is still a little short. I just started school again. I hope you like this chapter though! Leave a comment telling me what you think is going to happen.