15;

"But we're gonna start by Drinking old cheap bottles of wine, Sit talking up all night, Saying things we haven't for a while...." I sang, wiping down the now empty table at the diner. It was nearly closing but Kendra and I had decided to start cleanup since business was slow.

"We're smiling but we're close to tears, Even after all these years, We just now got the feeling that we're meeting-"

"For the first time." A deep voice finished, interrupting me. His voice sent chills down my spine and I turned to the door with a smile.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hey." He smiled at me.

"Aw! That was so cute!" Kendra gushed loudly. I didn't bother scolding her, we usually closed up the diner Saturday nights so no one was here.

He leaned against the front counter and I skated my way towards him. I placed my rag in the sink and skated to the register, asking what he wanted.

"I want..." He pretended to think. "To know what time my beautiful girlfriend gets off work." He said with a smirk. I smiled shyly leaned closer to him.

"Your girlfriend works here?" I asked innocently. He gulped and nodded when I leaned close to his ear. "I don't see her."

David tried to remain his cool composure by saying "maybe you should look in a mirror," but his voice cracked and noticeably went higher. I laughed and shook my head.

"I'm off in... 2 minutes." I said. He nodded and went to sit at a table. "Excuse you? What do you think you're doing?"

He looked around for a minute before pointing to himself in question. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Oh, you're coming home with me." He said simply.

Kendra looked ready to explode as she said "oh my god! Go! I'll cover for you and lock up."

"Kendra-"

"No! Go Madi." She stated firmly. I sighed and took off my skates, before walking out the door with David.

"Why am I coming home with you?" I questioned, wrapping my arms around myself. I could feel my nerves start to kick in as he helped me into his car.

"I miss my girlfriend." He said. "We never get to hang out as boyfriend and girlfriend."

"I know." I sighed with a slight nod. I told him this wouldn't be easy...

He reached across the car and grabbed my hand, bringing it to his mouth to kiss.

"But I have you now." He said with a smile. I looked at him and smiled back. How did he make me feel so amazing all the time?

We pulled into David's driveway and I wasn't surprised by the nice home he lived in. His house was a cute, cream colored, one story with a small porch and a garage attached. I was tempted to ask why he didn't park in the garage but decided it didn't matter.

David opened my door for me and gestured to the walkway leading to his house. I followed him to the door and he pulled it open.

Walking into the house I noticed that the living room and kitchen were connected. The living room was filled with brown furniture, a wide screen tv, and an Xbox laying underneath. Danny was sat on the coffee table in front of the tv playing call of duty.