chapter 3

|Shawn's point of view|

I was walking down the street with Melisa, and somehow we ended up at the park.

Out of no where, i see stephanie walking, holding a baby on her hip.

What???

"Hey babe, can you go get me a water?" i ask melisa, handing her a five dollar bill.

"Sure" she smiles, taking the money.

"I love you" i say as she begins to walk away. She turns around and smiles at me.

"I love you too"she says. I quickly press my lips to hers before she walks away.

I make my way over to Stephanie.

"Uh Stephanie?"

"S-Shawn?" she stutters.

"Hi" i say quietly.

"Umm. What have you been up to?" she asks.

"Writing some new songs. But that's not why im here. I need to talk to you"

"About?" she asks and i gesture to the baby in her arms.

"Oh.."

"who's is she?" i ask. No answer, she looks everywhere but my eyes.

"I-is she mine?" i ask and she slowly nods as tears spring to her eyes.

"You told me you got an abortion" i state, with a hint of anger in my voice.

"I know. I-I'm sorry Shawn. I shouldn't have lied to you. "

"Why did you then?" i ask, my voice cracking halfway through my sentence.

"I-i didn't want to trap you." she answers quietly.

"You could've given me that choice. Instead you just decided for me without even seeing what i wanted. I wanted you Stephanie. You don't even know how many sleepless nights I've stayed up thinking about that baby. And what my life should be right now. Or how i shouldn't even have the time to think of anything at all. But you took that away from me!" i half-shout, not wanting to wake
her ---my--- daughter.

"Well what do you want Shawn?" she asks, tears burning her vibrant blue eyes."do you actually want to be apart of her life?"

"Of course i do" i answer immediately. Suddenly the tears in her eyes begin to dry up.

"R-really?"

i nod.

"What's her name?" i ask.

"Jordyn" she smiles brightly looking down at the little girl in her arms.

"You really wanna be a father at seventeen?" she asks.

"I really wanna be this little girl's father" i smile at my daughter.

"Here shawn" melisa comes over, handing me a water bottle.

"Oh thanks" i quickly side-hug her.

"We should probably go back to the hotel.." i say

"Okay." she says.

"Wait Shawn. Do you still have my number?" Stephanie asks.

"Yea. I think so" i answer.
After we are far enough out of her hearing range, melisa turns to me.

"Who the hell was that?" she snaps angrily.

"Stephanie" i breathe out, watching as her eyes turn to fury.

"What?!" she shouts. "Stephanie? As in your ex Stephanie!?"

"Yea that was her. But i swear it's not what it looked like." i say.

"Well i hope not. 'Cause it looked like you were going to hook up with your ex!" she yells.

"That's not what happened. She lied to me about getting an abortion. That's my daughter over there. And i wanna be in her life. That's what happened" As i explain, the fury in her eyes begins to defuse.

"Really?" she asks quietly.

"Really"

"Im so sorry Shawn. I-I shouldn't've accused you cheating like that. I'm such an idiot" she mumbles the last part.

"It's fine melisa. I probably would've done the same thing. But i want you to know that i would never cheat on you. I love you so much" i say, bringing my hand to her cheek.

"I love you too" she says quietly. I smile and press my lips to hers.
____________________________________

|Stephanie's point of view|

I look over in the direction Shawn walked away with that girl. From what i can see, she looks pissed, and it looks like she's screaming.

Shawn says something to her, and her eyes soften. Suddenly he leans in and kisses her.

It feels like someone just stabbed me in the heart.

I knew we would never have a second chance at love.

I just knew it.