chapter 9

Amber's point of view

It's been about a week since Cameron left, and we face time every night. Logan constantly asks about him. She's gotten so used to seeing him around 24/7. She always asks about him and gets so excited whenever he calls or facetimes. I miss him and all but im not going to lie that my new favorite part of the day is when she jumps up and down, and ear to ear smile plastered on her face as she yells, "IT'S TIME TO CALL DADDY!!!"
I love watching my baby girl get so excited and i know Cam loves it too. Honestly I feel really selfish though, this is a great opportunity for him and i just keep wishing he never took that offer, i wish i didn't feel like this, but it's only been a week and i already miss the crap out of him. How am i gonna do this for a year and a half? Take care of Logan alone? I mean i know i did at one time but that was years ago, and i had my dad to help me too.

"Logan guess what time it is?" i yell and she runs excitedly into my room.

"Time to call daddy?!"

"Yea" i laugh " come here " i pat the spot next to me on the bed and she runs over, climbing next week to me.

I press the call button on facetime and wait for Cam's face to pop up. Finally he answers.

"Daddy!" logan yells with excitement.

"Hi princess" cam smiles "i miss you"

"I miss you too. When are you coming home?" she asks.

"Not for a little while baby girl" he answers.

"Oh" she says sadly.

"Its okay. It'll go by fast" i say.

'Cam the director needs you' someone yells in the background.

"I got to go. I love you." he says

"I love you too. I miss you" i smile.

"Bye daddy" Logan says.

"Bye princess i love you" he says one last time and hangs up.

"I want daddy to come home " Logan pouts.

"I know baby girl, i miss him too" i say as she crawls on my lap.

"How 'bout we do something fun. What do you want to do?" i ask

She shrugs her shoulders in response.

"We could...watch a movie, or.." i start before she interrupts me.

"THE LITTLE MERMAID" she exclaims.

"Okay" i laugh. Halfway through the movie, she falls asleep on my shoulder so i brought her up to bed. After i tucked her in, i lazily flopped onto my bed and suddenly felt extreme loneliness without cam. I was so bored and had no one to even talk to. I just miss him so much and it's only been a week.