Chapter 25

Cam's point of view

I wake up to Matt shaking me awake. I'm still in the hospital waiting room and Logan is asleep on my lap.

It was just a dream.

"Doctor.." Matt says. I look up and there is a doctor standing there, talking to Nash. I carefully move Logan from off my lap, without waking her, and hand her to Matt.

"She lost a lot of blood and her heart stopped a couple of times. She gave up fighting but we were always able to revive her and get her heart beating again. It took a while because when the bullet hit her, it's broke up into a bunch of pieces but I'm pretty sure we got all of them out. It looks like she'll be just fine." He explains and I sigh of relief. 

"You can see her but she's still asleep and I wouldn't recommend waking her up for at least a couple of hours or else the pain from the surgery will be even more extreme"

"But we can still see her, right?"

"Of course. Room 5312." He says.

I turn to Nash. "I'm going to go see her, and even though I don't want to let Logan out of my sight, ever again, are you able to watch her. Just for a little while? She's too young and I don't want her seeing Amber like this.."

"Of course dude. And you don't need to worry about her, we're not going to let anything happen to her." Nash says.

"I know," I nod, "thanks" I turn around and quickly make my way to Amber's room.

I step out of the elevator on the fifth floor and once i find room 5312, I try to open the door as quietly as possible. Yeah I failed....

As I was opening the door, it began squeaking... Loudly.

"Cam?" Amber says quietly.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. Go back to sleep" I shut the door behind me.

"No. I'm fine." She says, "but can you pass me that water bottle?" She asks, pointing to a water bottle on the other side of the room. I nod and grab it, handing it to her as I sit in the chair next to her bed.

"Thank you" she says.

"Cam," she starts, "did they get Logan?"

"No," I say and she smiles, "she's downstairs with Nash"

"So she's okay?" She asks again.

"She's fine. A doctor checked her out just incase and she only has some bruises and cuts but nothing worse, and I got her food. She's probably asleep right now" I explain.

"Cam I don't know what I would do if they hurt her" she begins crying. I get up and sit next to her in the bed, wrapping her in my arms.

"You don't have to worry about that" I say "she's perfectly fine babe"

"She's safe" I say quietly "and we're going to keep it that way. Nothing is going to happen to her."

She nods, and lays her head on my shoulder.

"Cam," she starts.

"I love you so much, and I'm glad that I got shot and you didn't..I don't know what i would do without you. You're so strong and I just don't know how you hold it together all the time" she finishes.

"Babe that's not even close to true. You are easily the strongest person I know"

"Cam I'm a mess. I'm no where near strong. Not even a little bit." She says.

"You're still the strongest person I've ever met. You've been through so much in your life and your only eighteen. You've gone through so much suffering and pain and abuse, but you always pull through. You always make it out alive. I don't think I would ever be able to be as strong as you." I continue.

She lifts her head up and slightly smiles. Her eyes are red and still watery. She leans up, pressing her lips to mine, quickly.

"I love you so much. I know I push you away and I know I can be the worlds biggest bitch sometimes. But I don't think I could even survive in a world without you and I don't want to. I know I'm always pushing you away or doing something to make you want to just leave and never look back, but I need you here. I don't know what I'd do without you and I don't want to ever find out."