Chapter 26

Amber's point of view

Two weeks later

  I was making Logan lunch when my phone went off. I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyways, in case it was someone I actually know just using a different phone or something.

"Hello?"

"Um hey babe. I um kind of need you to pick me up" the person says right away.

"Cam? Why? Where are you?" I ask

"Um in jail" he says slowly

"Cam I swear if this is a prank..."

"Babe it's not a prank. We got arrested.." He says.

"Cameron what the hell?! What the hell did you do to get arrested??"

"It's a long story. Can you just come?" He asks

"Yeah," I say, "I'm on my way, just let me drop Logan off with someone first." 

"Okay thank you. I love you"

"Love you too" I sigh.

I text a group chat with all the guys in it.

'Hey can one of you watch Logan for a little sorry I know it's last minute'

Within a couple of seconds Shawn replied with a 'sure. I can '

I help Logan get her shoes on and buckle her into her car seat.

"Momma?"

"Yeah baby girl?" I answer, putting the car in drive.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"You're going to go play with Shawn and jordyn for a little while." I tell her.

"Yay!" She exclaims, throwing her arms up in the air.

I drive to his house and drop her off.

"Hey so what happened anyways?" Shawn asks.

"Well I need to go pick cam up" I say

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Shawn, cam got arrested." I tell him.

"Wait really? What did he do?" He asks.

"That's what I need to go find out."

"Okay well I'm sure everything is fine" Shawn says.

I say bye to him and Logan before going back to my car and making my way to the police station.

"I'm here for Cameron Dallas" I tell the man in the front. He gets up and gestures for me to follow him so I do. We turn another corner and I see Cam, Kian, and Jc sitting behind the bars. The officer unlocks it and walks away.

"Cameron what the hell!" I exclaim, hugging him.

"Cam what the hell did you do to get arrested?" I ask, letting go of him.

"That's a long story.."

"I don't care! I'd kind of like to know the reasoning behind why I'm picking my fiancé up from jail right now. I mean one second I'm making Logan lunch and the next I'm on the phone with you telling me you just got arrested?!" I half shout.

"Babe calm down. Everything is fine, we didn't do anything." Cam says, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Cam cops don't arrest people for no reason. Now one of you three tell me what happened or I'm leaving and you can sleep here tonight. " I yell.

"We were just filming a video... And then the cops showed up" cam says

"What type of video were you filming that got you guys arrested?!"

"Paint twister" they say in unison.

"Okay so that explains the paint all over you.. But how did paint twister put  you can be in jail?" I question.

"Well when we were playing, a cop showed up. There was paint all over the place and he kept asking if we lived there and if we were the owner... And since none of us were... We're here" Kian explains. 

"JJ probably filmed the whole thing so I can just show you the video later. For now, can we just go home?" Cam says.

"I guess. Do you guys need a ride too?" I ask Kian and Jc.

"Nah we already called to Connor. He's on his way." Jc says.

"Okay. Bye guys" I say and we leave.

When we get in the car I tell him that we need to pick Logan up on the way home.

"Who's watching her anyways?" Cam asks.

"Shawn"

After a moment of pure silence, I look over at Cam.

"You scared the shit out of me you know" I state, "one second everything is normal and the next I'm finding out you're in jail.."

"Sorry. But in my defense that cop was on private property without a warrant and we didn't break the law.." Cam says. I start the car and make my way to shawn's. Once we get there, I knock on the door, but surprisingly it's not Shawn who answers.