chapter 4

|Amber's point of view|

We called all the guys to come over. They still don't know we're engaged.

Shawn show's up first, but we knew he was coming early, and he is holding a baby girl.

"Umm hey shawn. Who's the kid?" i ask.

"My.. daughter," he smiles down at the little girl in his arms.

He begins to explain his situation with stephanie amd everything that has happened.

"I basically had to beg her to let me bring her here" he says with a slight laugh towards the end.

"She looks like you" i smile.

"Really?" he suddenly looks down at her, as if trying to see it.

"Yes really. What's her name?" i ask.

"Jordyn"

"So are you back with Stephanie?" i ask.

"No. I'm still with Melisa. I just hope this works out..."

"What does?"

"Being with Melisa, and still being a parent to Jordyn." he explains.

"Im sure it will. Melisa loves you, Shawn. She really loves you. I can tell by the way she acts when she's around you" i smile.

"Do you want to hold her?" he asks, gesturing to Jordyn.

"Of course!" i smile even wider as he hands her to me.

Suddenly Logan comes running down the stairs.

"Shawnyyyyyyyy" she yells wrapping her little arms around his legs.

"Loggyyyyyyy" he mimicks, making her giggle.

"Can i tell you a secret?" she says quietly.

"Sure" he laughs, bending down to height.

She leans in, cupping her hands around his ear and 'whispers' "daddy gave mommy a ring!"

Shawn looks up with wide eyes.

"Daddy gave mommy a ring?" he repeats. I hold up my hand.

"Im so happy for you" he smiles widely, giving me a half hug since i still have Jordyn in my arms. Logan gasps.

"Mommy did Hailey come?????" she asks excitedly as she notices Jordyn.

"No Logan. This isn't Hailey. This Shawn's daughter" i explain.

"Oh." she says sadly, looking at the ground.

"Im sorry baby girl." i say before she runs off, looking like she's about to cry.

"I'll go check on her" i tell Shawn, handing Jordyn back to him.

I make my way to her room, and see her laying face down on her bed, sobbing. It hurts to see my happy little girl so upset.

I knock on her half open door, as i walk in, sitting next to her on her bed.
" i know how excited you were for Hailey and Jacob to come. I was excited too, and so was daddy. Im sorry but, they're not coming like we thought. I wish they were, i really do. But we can't change that they're not." i explain sadly. I really wish i didn't have to tell her that.

She climbs up onto my lap and keeps crying.

"Im sorry princess. I really am" i say quietly, rubbing her back.

"Why can't they come now?" she asks, not looking up.

I sigh. "When we got in the big car crash, they got really hurt. And even though you and daddy were fine, Jacob and Hailey weren't, but guess what?" she looks up at me as her tears begin to dry slightly.

"They're happier now than then would've been if they were here. There's this big place up in the sky and they're having so much fun there. This place is really beautiful too, with pathways made of gold." i explain.

"But who's taking care of them? " she asks.

"I bet you that daddy's big sister is up there watching over them just like daddy and i watch over you" i say.

"Im glad that they're happy" she says quietly.

"They're very happy" i say.

"Do you wanna go back down stairs now?" i ask and she nods. She runs out there door and i notice cam standing in her door way.

"Hey" he says quietly.

I weakly smile up at him as he sits next to me on Logan's bed.

"I've thought and that too. About Sierra watching the twins.." he says.

"I never stop thinking about that.." i state quietly.

He wraps his arm around me, and i lean into him as he kisses the top of my head.

We stay like that for a little while.

"We should go back down stairs i guess.." i eventually say.

He kisses my forehead and grabs my hand as we make our way down stairs.