Chapter 37

Ambers point of view.

We are currently sitting in the airport waiting for cam's flight to be called.

"I can't believe you're really leaving already," I say softly, laying my head on his shoulder.

As soon as I say that his flight number is called.

"Now I really can't believe you're leaving already..."

"I know. I shouldn't have taken a job so far away from you guys. But don't worry, I'm coming back. They have to let me back in time for Logan's custody trial and if they tell me no I'm coming anyways. I promise I'll be here." He kisses me quickly before talking again.

"I'll miss you but I'll be back."

"I'll miss you too." They call his flight again, rushing our goodbye.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. But I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I answer even though he is already walking away.

I forced myself to turn around and walk away once he was out of sight.

Later that day when I went to go see Logan, I didn't know how to tell her.

She looked up at me with her big brown eyes full of tears.

"He doesn't love me anymore?"

"Logan of course that's not true. Why would you think that? He loves you so much," I tell her.

"But he didn't even say goodbye?"

"I know, baby girl, but the only reason he did that was because he didn't want you to feel sad before he had to go," I explain.

"Well I feel sad anyways.." She cries.

"I'm sorry Logan, I should have told you yesterday. That was my fault. I wanted you to spend the time with him feeling happy."
___________________________________
Cam's point of view
Once I finally land in Ohio, I get surrounded by paparazzi and swarmed by fans.

Don't think I don't love or appreciate my fans and everything they do, I'm just exhausted and I already miss Amber.

I just want to go to the hotel, unpack and call Amber.

And sleep. I also want to sleep.

As I was walking I get stopped by some reported. Not paparazzi but she was like a news reporter.

Greaaaaaat....

She makes me follow her into some room with no paparazzi or fans and starts asking me a bunch of questions while recorded.

"So are you able to tell us what you're working on here in Ohio?" She asks.

"No I'm afraid not, but I can tell you that it will be awesome!" I'm trying to be nice but I really just want to go to the hotel. Or more preferably home, I'd rather be at home right now.

"Do you ever regret taking a job so far away from California?"

"I love what we are working on and the people I work with are great but sometimes, yes. Sometimes I wish I didn't take the job because then I could be at home with my girlfriend and my daughter. Especially now, there's just a lot going on that Amber and I are still trying to work out and it's hard not being with her right now because I miss her and  I want to be there for her but I can't."

"Are you able to tell us what kind of this have been going on?"

"No it's just some family issues that we are going to keep to ourselves, at least for now." I say.

"That's perfectly understandable." She asks a bunch more questions before finally letting me go and I go straight to the hotel. I planned on unpacking and calling Amber right away, but I'm so exhausted that end up falling asleep on the bed before even opening my suitcase to unpack.