Chapter 77 | The Guy Behind The Cotton Candy Stand

You heard distant but loud screams coming from the very high and terrifying roller coaster. "Earth to y/n!" Piper called out, moving her hand up and down your face.

Nothing.

You just stood there horridly gazing at the ride.
If you haven't of guessed it, you are afraid of heights.
Rollercoasters, in this case.
"Y/n if you don't want to ride it then you don't have to, you know." Annabeth told you studying the entrance ticket. You finally moved, "yeah I know" "Ok then, but we're going" Piper exclaimed.

You rolled you eyes, "Fine. Then I'll go get something to eat then" You replied. "Ok have fun!" She said, smiling.
You rolled your eyes once more and began to walk away.

"Well I'm on my own now" You told yourself. "Now?" A voice questioned. You then looked at to where that voice was coming from and saw a guy in a pink and white striped apron. "Yes, now." You responded facing him. "Why?" He asked. "I- I mean... Uh I'm sorry" He quickly said.

You chuckled, "That's fine. I do have some time to kill..." You replied looking at the rollercoaster Piper and Annabeth were in. "Anyways, I was supposed to find somewhere to eat" You faced him.

"Oh!" His eyes widened a little bit "Well what do you want?" He asked, politely. "Hmm" you thought "Do you have cotton candy?" You asked. "Yeah" he replied with a smile. He then turned around to the cotton candy machine.

"So what are you doing in a place like this?" You decided to ask him questions while he was doing this. You don't think he would be that rude. He wasn't. "Well. I'm actually in college." He responded. "Im interested in music production and that sort of stuff" He added.

(IDK WHAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO...)

It was the first time, you ever listened to someone so attentively before. For some reason, this guy made you feel this way.

"Hello?" He asked, confused. Shit y/n! Why are you always out in a daze! You mentally cursed yourself.

"Oh y-yes" You immediately reply "Your floss is ready" He told you "and that would be 5 dollars please"

"Yes." You mumbled searching your wallet for some money. You took the last 5 one dollar bills you had and something else, and placed it at the counter. You then eventually took the cotton candy cone. "Oh and by the way my names Nico" He finally told you about to get the money. You slightly smiled, "y/n."

You then walked away wanting him to see it already. "Hey y/n! where have you been?" Piper asked "Nothing. Just getting something to eat" you responded, smirking. She then studied you, "tell me later."

~~

Nico then began to quickly count the money you gave him. "One, two, three" He whispered "Four, fi-"

The tiny piece of paper then fell down. Dumbfounded, Nico picked it up and read what it said:

If I gave you this note its probably because I took an interest in you, which is very rare. Anyways, here's my phone number and call me anytime you're not busy.
xxxx - xxxx - xxx

Nico then grinned, "So she took an interest at the guy behind the cotton candy stand, huh?"
__________________________
I felt like this was so cheesy but cute. Anyways, THANKS GUYS FOR REACHING 10k I would've never done it if you weren't there and never read my stories, I love you!
Stay fabulous

- Hailey 🍥