Thinking back

Aphmau sighed, as she was no longer Lord much, not much help was needed at Phoenix Drop. She helped by trying to try and get Garroth out of the dimension, she didn't give up and stayed in her structure. She still did stay awake till in the two am area, just as an
early sleeping schedule.

It has been about one month, yet she could no longer stop ignoring Zane.
She remembered that he said to "think of that" and will, since no one needs her and it's only midnight.
She pondered for quite a bit, then realising what he meant. Aphmau did not need Zane to tell her, his story. He already knows that his older brother, as he was her guard, told Aphmau about his past.
Garroth and Zane had healthy and happy parents, their father was quite evil, though his wife always made him kind hearted, which was sweet of her. Garroth already hath told Aphmau, he was around sixteen and his parents separated and faded away, though his father still ruled the town and took anger over his people. At that time, Zane was still young and wanted to be just like his father, wanted him to be proud, though he must still not realise that his father was actually warm hearted and gentlemen-like. Garroth escaped the place to train for a guard, thinking his father will think that he's there for preparing to be a Lord. Though Garroth escaped, for he did not want an arranged marriage and be Lord of a town, thinking that his family inherited the cruel and harsh reputation.

Aphmau nodded, she finally understood, Zane was evil for he wanted to make his father proud and maybe also wanted his older brother to be below him, wanting to beat him. Zane could have just been a gentleman, though he was raised in a dark environment, where he couldn't learn and never knew that his father was kind at heart.

It upsets Aphmau, as she doesn't really think about her family history, only about her rough adventures in Phoenix Drop. It made her forget who was in her family and if she has a sibling or two.