An unexpected event

She knew what to do, she knew that brothers shared the same similarities.

She already met Garroth, right before when he was heart-broken. And already knew about his plans and flaws for the future. But she knew that if Garroth came back, his flaws would disappear.

Connecting the amulets together, an aura absorbed the shadowily creature apart from her. Running off, far from the light, acknowledging what she done, she smirked.

                                    ***

Zane stretched, as he got up early morning, he was eager to save mother. But shook his head every time the idea popped up, Aphmau was correct. He needed the strength for the upcoming event to defeat Ivy, in this match of two.

He decided to get out, to keep watch on the village, not noticing the dirt marks that were slashed onto his face, he walked out and looked around. The bright village was now dull, empty and seemed almost abandoned.

Humming as a train of thought came across him, he shook his head and kept on searching for someone, it was quite peculiar.

"There he is!" A frightened voice spoke, was it, Aphmau? Zane widened his eyes, Aphmau seemed hurt, as if someone beaten her up with rough fists.

"Aphmau? What happened?" Zane's heart thumped in a rapid speed, rushing over to her. Though that was soon to an end, as Dante pushed him aside, a sword at his neck. "You betrayed us, you betrayed her. She trusted you" Damte growled, slowly getting Zane on a lower ground to keep steady on.

"What did I do?" Zane yelled, clashing his sword against Dante's and throwing him off, his sword clattering next to the both of them. Zane placed his sword back in his pocket at his belt.
"Do tell me, I'm all ears for this" ha clenched his fists, this couldn't be his fault. Aphmau, he stopped in his tracks. This wasn't Aphmau.

"Who witnessed this then? Apart from Aphmau, whom is disguising as her--"
"I did" a distant, although familiar, voice spoke from the bushes.

A glimpse of fading blonde hair came from the forest next to them, as he walked out.
"How is this?! You caused this! Where is Aphmau?! That woman that shape-shifted into Aphmau, she isn't the real one!" Zane exclaimed, stuttering as he was stunned. How did his brother come back alive after death? Was he a shadow knight now? How could this be?

"Garroth found me when you beaten me up!" Exclaimed Aphmau, her voice was still shaky, this couldn't be. "Don't forget, I've confessed to you" mumbled Garroth, "Don't worry. I'll show you reply" She said, shortly kissing his lips. "I'm done with this, stop faking it. This isn't real" Zane said, trying to pinch himself, doing the old-school trick to check if it's reality or not. But he felt pain, how?

He turned back, they both smiled at each other, as if they were lovers. Dante was off, and it was only the three of them.

Zane growled, his fists clenched and clutched with anger. "Stop it, you two aren't real" Zane yelled, Garroth looked at him with questioning stares. "What's the matter? I did get her away from a monster like you" He spat out, but Zane pretended he didn't hear a whisper.

"I can't believe you of all people would betray me Zane. Can't you control yourself? It's as if you don't even know what you fully controlled, and could've killed me. You blasphemous creature" Aphmau whispered, her raspy breath was uneven.

"I can't have done" Zane spoke under his breath, and decided to run off. He was confused in fact, frustrated on what event just occur to him. Was this why Aphmau desperately wanted him to stay? To show off that he wasn't her lover? And he shouldn't give her anything.

                                   ***

"Good job Garroth" Lillian smirked, as she transformed back, as Aphmau and Garroth disappeared. There was no Garroth, not Aphmau. She shape-shifted into two. Tricking Zane, as he protested long enough, but just a little longer, she'd be caught. Luckily, she gotten through him with her pathetic speech, for him to break apart.

It was time for Lillian's role to play.