Chapter 46

I couldn't decide if I wanted to show Trent's or Matt's ultimate move, so I did both. Sure Matt's power attack was the last chapter, but oh well XD  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the battle rages outside...

Angela steps back, positioning herself on top of the hidden door she just slid into place to buy her friends some time. The Devil's Own close in on her, but the cell door limits their numbers, giving her a chance to manage the fight.

One of them lunges with a heavy chain, but Angela sidesteps the attack, narrowly avoiding the strike. She counters with a quick kick to his knee, sending him crumpling in pain.

Two others come at her from different angles, but Angela's agility serves her well. She deftly dodges their strikes, moving with grace and precision. She lands calculated blows, targeting their vulnerable spots.

The sounds of the fight echo through the cell, fists meeting flesh and weapons clashing. Angela remains focused, her determination unwavering. She takes some hits herself, bruises forming, but it only fuels her resolve.

As the battle continues, the cell transforms into a chaotic arena. Shadows dance and twist with every movement, the flickering light bulb casting an eerie glow. The air is charged with tension and the scent of sweat and fear.

Angela gains the upper hand, disarming one opponent and incapacitating another. The last Devil's Own member looks at her fallen comrades, then back at Angela, a mix of fury and frustration in her eyes.

The clash of blades intensifies as Angela ramps up their deadly dance. She presses the girl against the wall, their blades clashing. Angela's voice cuts through the chaos, "I hate killing those who have no choice," She immobilizes the girl, locking her arms into a cuff recently used on Matt. "Now. Tell me. A young woman, about my age, a bit shorter in height. Short, red hair. Is she here? She was kidnapped from a field about eight hours ago."

"What makes you think she remembers you?" The girl taunts, easily matching Angela's aggression.

"Even if she forgets, her heart will always remember. You may control the mind, but never the heart and soul." Angela fires back.

"Not if we do our job correctly."

Angela growls, frustration rising. She rips off a part of the woman's sleeve and stuffs it in the woman's mouth.

"You can hang there then." Angela bursts out of the cell, her heart pounding as she locks the door behind her. "Val?" Angela calls, looking up and down the hall, her heart full of hope as she strains for the slightest of sounds. Brain waves catch her attention from up and down the aisle of cells. We'll come back for you all she promises as she looks left and right, trying to get some sense of Valery.

Angela sprints through the dim, oppressive corridor, putting as much space between herself and the enraged shouts of the lady. The underground cells are a labyrinth of tight passages, the air heavy with dampness. Flickering lights offer meager illumination, casting unsettling shadows on the cold concrete walls. Every step she takes leads her deeper into the suffocating complex. The distant drips of water create an eerie, unsettling rhythm that reverberates through the desolate space, sending shivers down her spine.

As Angela presses forward down the right corridor, her heart aches for any sign of Valery. "Val! Please, let me know if you hear me!" Her voice echoes, edged with desperation, a lone plea in the silence.

"GIRL! I know you're here somewhere," Angela's voice cracks, carrying a mix of exasperation and genuine concern. "What were you thinking, going out there without telling any of us? We didn't know Tessa asked you to go." Her frustration swells, fueled by regret. Tears trace silent paths down her cheeks, a mix of worry and anger mingling. She wipes away the moisture, her gaze hardening. "You shouldn't have gone with just Savannah! You needed more backup than that. We were so caught up, we didn't know until it was too late," Angela's admission is laden with guilt. "I'm sorry, okay? We let you down. We didn't know. Please, for angel's sake, answer me!" Her voice breaks, the plea hanging in the air, a desperate plea for a sign that Valery is still out there, still reachable.