Chapter Twenty-Seven

Christmas time (although Christmas is over)

Alex was over helping with the kids whilst Scott and Mitch got everything ready for Christmas.

"Uncle Alex," Skylar started, batting her eyelashes meaning she wants something, "can you do something for me?"

"Depends what it is, honey," Alex replied, smiling.

"Can you curl my hair for me, pretty please?"

"Of course, go grab your curlers and I'll do the rest," Skylar ran off and he turned to Millie, "hey, Mills, you want your hair curling too, cupcake?"

"You'd do that for me, mister-"

"Kirk, but call me uncle Alex like Sky does," Alex smiled and brought the little girl into a hug.

"Alright," Millie hugged Alex again and he kissed the top of her head.

Skylar came back with the curlers and Alex went ahead to heating them then starting to curl Skylar's hair first.

Meanwhile, Mitch was struggling to put the star on top of the tree. Scott crept up behind him and picked him up by the waist, allowing him to place the star on top of the tree.

"You scared me, don't do that again. Like ever," Mitch warned with a giggle.

"No promises, baby," Scott replied, grinning.

"Everything has to be perfect, this is going to be the best Christmas ever,"

"What makes you so sure, Mio Amore?"

"I just have that feeling," Mitch leaned up to kiss Scott. "Your parents and my parents should be here soon,"

"I'm getting more and more excited for tonight," Scott smiled and went to check on Alex and the girls.

Luke ran out of his room when Scott got to the top of the stairs and shouted, "Scotty, I need your help!"

"What's up, buddy?" Luke led Scott to his room and held up a bow tie.

"I need you to tie my bow tie for me, please," Scott took the bow tie and sat down on Luke's bed.

"Of course, buddy. You and the girls know the plan for tonight?" Scott asked as he expertly tied the bow tie around Luke's neck.

"Of course! I can't believe your going to propose to my dad," Luke squealed like a girl, but Scott shushed him.

"Shhhh," Scott finished the bow tie, "I don't need your father overhearing this conversation," he warned.

He and Luke walked to the girls' room to find Alex finishing curling Skylar's hair.

"Having fun there, Lex?" Scott asked with a laugh.

"I am actually, they are so sweet," Alex replied, spraying hairspray in the girls' hair.

"You should do me hair too," Scott suggested with a smirk.

"I can, if you want me to. And Luke's too. God I think I should quit my current job and become a hairdresser," Alex laughed with Scott joining.

"Alright then, mister Kirk. Do me hair," Scott said and walked to his bathroom to get his hair gel.

Minutes later, Alex was running his hands through Scott's hair, styling it into a quiff, but making it slightly wavy.

"Oh my god, I love it!" Scott exclaimed as he examined his reflection in the mirror.

"Well I'm glad, let me just do Luke and we'll make our way downstairs. I can't wait to see your parents again, Scott," Alex smiled and began doing Luke's hair.