Chapter 7- Falling Asleep In Showers

Dedicated to @yinyinhere for saying "Have you heard that one song Say Somethin'? That kid looks kinda like Justin Bieber, but he looks better!" a year ago.

Chapter 7- Falling Asleep In Showers

I got out of my car Tuesday morning instantly getting bombarded with miffed teenagers wanting their phones back.

"I need my phone like right now!"

"Where's my phone?!"

"Oh my god, I didn't text my boyfriend last night. So if he's mad I'm blaming it on you."

I rolled my eyes at the last comment. "Guys chill! Give me some room so I can give them back." They didn't move. "That means take a couple steps back!"

They automatically took a few steps back giving me some room to breathe, though the eagerness is still on their faces.

I sighed and grabbed the separate bag that held the phones from the passenger seat. I opened it and started to give them back to their rightful owners. Luckily last night I had borrowed Austin's idea; I wrote names on tapes and taped them on people's phones. It certainly made giving the phones back easier. However, I know I'll spend a good portion of the morning handing them back.

Across the school parking lot Austin was doing the same thing. Except the whole cheer team including Rebecca were with him. I doubt they contributed to this project. With all the extra people it definitely made it harder. I shook my head, a typical day for a typical popular nice boy. I looked over at him again only to find him looking back at me. He then gave me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes.

"Staring at Austin with dreamy eyes again?" a voice next to me said. I jumped almost dropping the phones, looking around trying to find the owner of the voice.

"Taylor!" I acknowledged. She had her blond hair in a messy bun, ripped jeans and a t-shirt that said "stop staring".

"Yeah." she said.

"You startled me half to death!" I said.

"Oh sorry." She said, then she reached into the bag to help me hand out the phones. "It's just that you were staring at Austin with this look."

I looked at her, "What look?"

"A look like you're hungry and you see this big plate of bacon."

"Ok, that's the worst comparison I've ever heard."

"I know."

I rolled my eyes, "You know Austin and I are just friends."

"Do you ever think there may be something more?" She asked.

"No." I answered bluntly. It's the truth, I've never though there would be more. Austin and I were strictly friends.

We continued to hand out the phones until we were left with only own. As we walked to our first period Taylor said, "So you really think that?"

"Think what," I said as we walked to the back of the classroom.

"That you guys are just going to be friend forever." She said dropping her bag in an empty seat.

"Yup." I said doing the same thing.

Before she can press the subject even more a girl named Kara came up to me. A partier she was. "Tammy! Oh my god, did you go to Josh's party last weekend?!"

"No..." I said slowly. I was somewhat glad that she interrupted us. If Taylor were to keep asking me who knows where the conversation would've went.