Chapter 17- "Peace... is Virtue"... No One Actually Takes That Crap

I have an important author's note at the very end. Please read it, if not you might miss out on some very important info. 

Chapter 17- "Peace... is Virtue"... No One Actually Takes That Crap

The late lunch was nice. We ended up going to a nice restaurant that I've never heard of before, but their food was absolutely amazing. That's another thing about New York City, so many restaurants with delicious food.

We talked and caught up with my parents while they asked us how this mini-trip was so far. It's really nice to just see them sit there next to each other. I don't remember the last time we really had a meal together, But here they are, siting next to each other enjoying a meal like they do it on a daily basis. If only this could last forever.

We sat around a circular table since there was six of us. Taylor was on one side of me and my dad was on the other. My mother sat next to my dad and Josh sat next to her. Austin sat between Taylor and Josh.

"So, have you guys seen New York yet?" My dad asked us while we had our deserts. I had ordered a nice slice of cheesecake.  I put the deliciousness in my mouth and let Taylor answer.

'Saks Fifth Avenue was great you know? They had so many stores and everything there was so pretty and my taste. We also drove around the city the night we got here so we saw most of it."

"But there is so much more you havn't seen." He said.

"Really?" I asked after I finished the forkful of cheesecake.

"Yeah, the Empire State Building, the museums, and central park." He started, then he listed other places like time square and the huge Toys R Us (kid heaven as I would call it) that's in Time Square, grand central station, statue of liberty, and many more. 

"But we can't possibly go to all of them in one day." Josh said after my father listed everything. What he said was correct, how could we go to all of them in one day? The answer was simply you can't and that's exactly what my father told him.

After the late lunch we said goodbye and parted ways since we have to go the concert. We waved as my parents got into the limo then we headed to the subway. I didn't know if anyone else noticed but Austin didn't say much during the meal. Actually he didn't say anything at all. He always had some sort of input to a conversation but he was silent today. 

I wonder what goes on in that head of his.  Wondering? No, I'm going to find out.  I fell into steps next to him as we entered the subway station. His eyes shifted down to me and looked back forward, but didn't say anything.

"So..." I started after we got onto the subway train itself. Due to the immense amount of people on the train Taylor and Josh were on the other side of the cart and Austin and I were on this side. "Is it later yet?" I asked.

"Not yet."

"Why not? It's been like two hours." I said. I really wanted to find out what he wanted to tell me, but now he's just being stubborn.

"Because..." he trailed off.

Don't you just hate it when people just say because as a legitimate answer? It is so frustrating. I let out and sigh and moved on to the next subject. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like this." I said gesturing at him. He wasn't chatty like he usually was.

"Like this?" he asked sounding a little baffled.