Chapter 34- Gotta Get Out

The girl in the video was laughing as she tried to block herself from the view of the camera by putting her hands towards the lens. "Stop Austin." she-- or I-- pushed the camera away, "I look horrible in the morning."

"No, you don't." a voice replied behind the camera, Austin's.

Me in the video groaned and pulled the covers over my head. I remembered that sleep over at the beginning of junior year, it was solely for the purpose of stop stressing and eating junk food. I had the bed that night and Austin was sleeping on the floor, so I wasn't that happy when he woke me up early, especially since two nights ago I had to sleep on the ground.

You would think by now I would have my own room for being at his house so much, but no. He had insisted that since it was a sleep over it had to be in his room. That was how the whole system was created. It wasn't an elaborate one but it was a system. We would rotate on who slept on the ground and the bed, with the one unlucky sleeping on the ground having horrible back pain in the morning.

The screen went black and the words came up, "Tammy was always the girl who could never see the truth. She never really saw how she was. She always pointed out the negative, but never the positive."

The video took a rough cut to a kid I've never seen at school before, but he had our school varsity jacket on, "She's really pretty-- wait, you're recording this?"

"She's really nice from what I've heard, but I've never talked to her before because she's always got people with her, I hope to change that." Another person said.

"One word to describe her? Hot."

The comments in the video went on and people around me laughed at some of the funny replied that people gave while I just stared at the screen thinking what is happening? Wasn't this about Amy? Why is it about me?

The screen went black again and more words scrolled up, "Tammy is smart enough to get straight A's, but at the same time she's the dumbest person alive."

My cheeks warmed up as the screen switched to a video of me getting stuck on a tree. They got even warmer when a picture of me curled up in a ball on the ground because I ran into a wall showed up. Finally a video of me getting dragged out from back stage from two security guards. 

"I can't watch this." I said and covered my eyes with one of my hands. What was Austin's intention for this video?

I felt a hand grasp my other hand and I opened my eyes to the screen again, "But despite all her imperfections everyone still loves her... including me." I could've sworn I heard people gasp because I certainly did.

"You know, I've been coming to you about every single one of my break ups and you keep telling me I'll eventually find the one or my next relationship will not be short lived, but the heartbreakings continued. You've called me a heartbreaker and a player each time I dumped another girl because I couldn't waste my time on something that wasn't going anywhere." Austin looked out into the crowd and gave an apologetic look, "I'm sorry if I seemed like the biggest player when I broke up with you." he addressed to his exs in the crowd. 

"Maybe the right person has been standing in front of me this whole time and in the past month I realized maybe... I was right." he was looking right at me as he said those words.

My eyes were wide, I could not believe he said that right in front of my boyfriend. Austin was right, he does look stupid right about now and I was about to look stupid too as I pushed my way through the crowd.

I stood in front of him and looked at him in disbelief. He embarrassed the both of us in front of this big crowd. He dissed my boyfriend in front of this big crowd. He confessed something that shouldn't be confessed in front of this big crowd.