Chapter 30- Blackmail

The next morning at 9 am sharp I opened the doors of Starbucks and walked in. As much as I wanted to sleep in later on the first day of summer break, I had to get this done. Knowing Rebecca, if I don’t make it on time she would be  pissed. 

Last night I blindly agreed to be part of this plan. Now I'm really starting to regret this rash decision, starting with having to wake up this early in the morning. 

I spotted her in a table with a cup of coffee in her hand. When I sat down in the seat in front of her she looked up and gave me an annoyed look, “You’re late.”

Confused, I looked at the wall clock expecting it to say 9:10 but minute hand was still on the twelve. “No, I’m not.”

She picked at her perfectly manicured nails, “Arriving directly at the time that is scheduled means you’re late. Always arrive five minutes before, but I forgive you. Now lets get to business.”

Business as in plotting the downfall of Amy… nope still don’t know her last name. I’ve never participated in a plan like this before, but even though I was inexperienced in this, it felt evil.

“About that--”

“It’s too late to back out of this, Tameille.”

“Would you stop calling me that?! Why is it too late to back out? You didn’t even tell me your master plan or whatever.” 

Rebecca’s face remained calm and business-like; a total flip of how she was reacting last night. “You know I have a plan and I can’t let you get away because you will tell someone. I can’t risk that. So you either help me with this or you will suffer next year.”

I sucked in a breath, “Are you blackmailing me?”

“Yes, if you must look at it that way, but I prefer to call it persuasion.”

I’ve always known Rebecca Shane was the queen of persuasion but I didn’t know her persuasion meant blackmailing. Well would you look at that, I’m learning something new each day.

I thought of this whole situation over, if I followed through with whatever diabolical plan Rebecca has, she and Amy won’t bother me anymore. That was convincing enough. “Fine, I’ll do.” I then lowered my voice, “We’re not going to kill her or anything are we?”

Her professional look broke and she laughed, “Of course not… well not physically anyway.”

“Ok.” I said still a little queasy about this plan that she hasn’t even started explaining.

“Alright.” she folded her hands together, “You know that July 4th pool party I throw every year?”

“Yes… that party that apparently everyone goes to.”

She pulled out a DVD from her purse, “This here I all the embarrassing things Amy has done in her life and I need you to--”

“Where did you get that?” I cut in.

She rolled her eyes, “I had people to collect information for me.” 

Right, because it is totally normal for a teenage girl to have people working for her to dig up stuff for her. She continued, “I need you to make sure she shows up at that pool party, which shouldn’t be hard since she’ll jump at any moment to dress skimpy. More importantly I need her to show up with Austin her boyfriend and your best friend.” Rebecca air quoted boyfriend. “There I want Austin to break up with her and in the cruelest way possible in front of everyone and I mean everyone.”

“Ok… that doesn’t seem that hard.” I told her. All I had to do was make sure Austin and Amy get there.

“Oh no, that’s the easy part, it‘s suppose to be a piece of cake.” she waves off my response, “Your main job is to make sure that Austin stays together with Amy for the three weeks until the party. Make sure he makes her fall in love with him before he rips her heart out.”

Wow, this was a diabolical plan… 

Suddenly something dawned to me, “Wait, you want me to make sure they stay together for three weeks?! I can’t do that, Austin doesn’t date someone for more then a week!” If Austin were to be graded on his relationship skills, he would get an A for getting into and a F for staying in one. He was so capricious when it came to girlfriends. 

“Looks like the genius finally got the gist of this meeting.” Rebecca says with an amused look. 

Surprisingly I wasn’t mad at her for her comment. She didn’t tick me off in general this morning which was weird because she always ticked me off when I’m around her at school. What made her act differently in public? She wasn’t even sticking to her strict diet; her coffee wasn’t even decaf.

She got up from the table, “I have to go now. Make sure you make her fall for him hard.”

I followed her out of Starbucks, before we went separate ways I asked what was on my mind, “Hey, Rebecca, why do you act so differently at school... you know... bitchy?”

She slid the Gucci glasses that was sitting  on top of her head down to cover her eyes. “It’s part of the job description for head cheerleader, but just because I told you it doesn’t mean we’re friends.”

I smiled, so there was a different side to her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

YEAH DON'T KILL ME FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER!

I just realized I should post it than not posting for another week-ish.

The rest of the character will be in the next chapter!

XOXO Ginny

Posted 1/20/2014