Chapter 33- You Had One Job

Remember back in 5th grade when you ask or get asked out and then instantly you are "in love”.  As in, passing notes back and for with the words “I Love You” on them even though you guys only dated for two seconds and before that you guys never even talked in class? Then a few days later you guys break up?

Love is not suppose to be like that, but back then who cares, you just scored your first boyfriend and you‘re only 10. Love is a passion for someone, someone who is dear to you. They are suppose to lift you up, not be a burden.

Obviously, Austin still hasn’t gotten that concept after 17 years of living. When ever he dates someone, it feels like he’s going through that thing that 5th graders go through. He never really knows who that girl is and just jumps at it an say yes. You would think he learned something after multiple break-ups, but no. He is still oblivious of the patterns.

One week has passed by since the mishap at dinner and we are over the little miscommunication. He was at my door steps once again about Amy.

“I really want to break up with her though.”  he replies back with frustration.

I had told him to at least think about the positives of dating Amy, not that there were much. He had stood there for a little over a minute thinking about positives of dating her: she’s pretty (make-up), she knows how to dress (short skirts and cropped tops don‘t count), confident about herself (flipping hair doesn’t count either), knows how to lead a group of people (leading a group of freshmen to do dumb things, that doesn’t count either). Basically, she has no positives… and I am unhelpful in his current situation.

“Don’t break up with her yet.” I urged.

“Why not? She’s not even that interesting anymore. She hangs on my arms when we are in public and doesn’t do much when we are alone. Even if we do talk privately all she talks about is makeup and how suckish her old life was before the ‘transformation’.” he told me air quoting transformation and crinkling his eyebrows like he has no idea what the transformation was. He probably didn’t know since Amy was a nobody and now she’s a somebody.

“Don’t break up with her, just keep dating her until the pool party.”

“Why the party? Are you trying to make some dramatic break up scene or something?” he jokes on the last part and then his eyes widened. “Wait, you aren’t doing that right?”

I laughed, crap, “No, why would I do that?”

He narrowed his eyes, “Tammy…”

I stopped laughing and gave him the I’m sorry look, “I can’t tell you…”

He shook his head, “It’s ok, whatever. Now I have an actual time to break up with her. And if you think you can make it dramatic and cause a scene, don’t, because I’m breaking up with her privately, I’m not a jerk.”

“But you’re a player.” I added on after he finished his little rant. No public humiliation for Amy? It’s ok, she’ll be already humiliated with Austin breaking up with her. I was not the evil type… so maybe if I didn’t exactly follow through with Rebecca’s plan it will still be ok. I hope.

“Why would you say that? I’ve never broken up with a girl without a reason and you know that. I’m not a player, I just haven’t found the one.” he looked at me while I just shrugged my shoulders.

I couldn’t help but feel bad that he was good at catching the ladies but horrible at keeping them, but then again it’s not my fault he’s horrible with romance.

Lifting my arms, I put my hand on his shoulder, “You’ll fine the one Austin… but for now I have to go to meet the other Austin.”

Austin had a tender look on his face until he heard me say the other Austin’s name. His face fell to a scowl, “You’re still dating that thing?”