Chapter 20- Make Your Own Smoothies

Dedicated to @fantasyfreak3 remember when we talked about this scene on the way to lunch in our 8th grade year? It felt so long ago. Well here's the chapter dedicated to you :) Luff you Karina

Chapter 20- Make Your Own Smoothies

"So now what?" Austin asked walking beside me, my story had put him in a good mood because apparently he found it very amusing, it did the exact opposite for me though. In fact, retelling my failure and humiliation put me in a pretty foul mood.

We had walked around the city for ten minutes just looking at the buildings at ground level and well... telling him my fail story.

"I donno..." I said walking to no particular destination. The pebble I was kicking continued down the street, I took a few steps and kicked it again.

Tonight was a disaster, not only did I make a fool out of myself, I also got kicked out. I never got to see him again, face to face instead of face to hat. I will probably never see him again.

I shook my head, kicking a pebble. At least I saw him perform... and sorta hanged out with him. He also shouted me out to the crowd.

But I'll never see him again.

This internal battle continued for a few more minutes.

"Since you don't know, I'll choose." Austin stated, then he pointed at a smoothie joint across the street, "let's go there!"

"Make you own smoothie" says a poster on the big glass window. Well, sounds interesting enough.

"Common!" Austin grabbed my arm and pulled me across the street before the red light turns green and we turn into road kill.

We enter the cafe, the first thing we saw was the mini buffet table filled with fruits. Watermelons, strawberries, grapes, to any fruit you can imagine, though I wonder who would put grapes in smoothies. Then there are tables which sat blenders on them. Families with small children and other people were stuffing fruit into the blenders.

So they were serious when they said "make your own smoothies" I thought to myself. Never had a thought a store like this would exist. Who would actually want to make smoothies all my themselves? And who puts grapes in smoothies? Or plums?

I sighed, just go with the flow Tammy. There's no need to ruin Austin's mood either.

"May I help you?" says a girl wearing a black t-shirt with a name tag that said Karen on it. I'm assuming she works here, why else would someone wear a name tag?

"Yeah, we were wondering if we could make a couple of smoothies..." I said, she nodded not taking her eyes off of Austin. She eye him up and down and licked her lips. I would've found this funny if I wasn't in such a bad mood.

A few seconds pasts and she still didn't say anything; she was too caught up on looking at Austin: blond hair, blue eyes, maybe a halo (just kidding, nope), somewhat built body, over 6 feet, killer smile, and 100% a flirt.

For the girl's sake, I faked a cough. She snapped out of it and gave me a glare, probably taking my fake cough the wrong way, "Ok follow me to your table guys." She then led us to a small table, " I hope you enjoy making the smoothies" she said mostly to Austin.

"I will." Austin said to the girl, then he winked at her. She blushed and gave a small smile and walked to the counter where her friend was. She squeal and whispered to her friend.

I rolled my eyes then said to Austin, "What was that for?"

"What for?" He asked.

"You know what."

"No I don't," He said. I groaned and face-palmed myself, he just played that card twice tonight. When I removed my hands from my face he had gotten  two small bowls and he was handing one to me, "You know, Tammy, vagueness doesn't suit you."

 "And what does" I asked raising my eyebrows just out of curiosity.

"Getting fruit thrown at your face!" He revealed then before I can blink a grape hit my forehead. I stumbled back more out of shock then pain.

"Austin you buttface!" I said wiping some of the grape juice from my forehead.

"Now that's the smile I've been looking for." He says poking one of my cheeks with his index finger. I slapped his hand away and glared up at him.