25 ❋ Amelia

I took the stairs up to my floor, and with each step I felt more regret wash through me.

In just one night I had broken someones heart, gotten revenge and decided to quit my job. I couldn't stop thinking about that, and whether I made a mistake in doing that prank.

I knew that it was what Dan needed to hear, but I didn't know if I was ready to leave work and start searching for a photography gig. It was a scary prospect, since this was basically the rest of my life.

I felt drained by the time I got to my front door, and I wondered if it was because Joe was no longer with me. I felt bad for not inviting him up, but it was for the best. It wouldn't be the right thing to do after everything that happened today.

I got inside and started walking straight towards my bedroom, but of course I was intercepted by an excitable Tyler Oakley.

"Uh uh. You are not going to bed. Come and sit down with us, we have a lot to discuss." His smile was wide and his eyes were bright as he pulled me over to the couch. Troye was already sitting on the other one, watching me with a smirk.

"First of all, can we talk about Joe... Fuck." Tyler fanned himself with his hand and Troye nodded.

"Yeah, I know." I said, managing a tired smile.

"Like seriously girl be careful with that one. Has Dan met him before?" Tyler said.

I felt a sharp pang in my chest at the mention of Dan.

"Well, no, he hasn't..." I said, biting my lip and clutching my hands together.

"Theres something you aren't telling us Mels." Troye said firmly.

I looked up at my two best friends, who knew everything about me and were there for me whenever they could be. I wondered if they had even worked through their issues. Maybe they were just tolerating eachother for my sake. Either way I was grateful to have them.

"So... I kind of broke up with Dan today."

I was greeted with looks of astonishment and confusion. Troye was the first person to speak after a long spell of silence. "It was for the best Mels."

"What the fuck Troye? I mean... What happe-"

"Shut up Tyler. I could tell she wasn't in love with that boy."

I bit my lip and stared at the coffee table, counting every crumb I could see scattered in the surface. Eventually I looked up and nodded slowly. "He's right Ty. I couldn't keep it up any more."

"Does this have something to do with Joe?" Tyler was frowning at me and Troye was looking on with sympathy.

I didn't know what to say. The truth is, I didn't even know the answer to that question myself. "Well... Yeah. In part. But even if I hadn't met Joe this had to happen eventually. It just wasn't working out."

"The poor boy." Troye said wistfully, and I was amazed at his ability to be so kind and sensitive even towards people he didn't know.

After that I explained the full story to them, and everything that happened in the last few hours. By the end of it I could tell that Troye wasn't feeling so sympathetic anymore. Tyler was red in the face with anger.

"I'm so glad you got revenge on that bastard. Wish I could've been there." Tyler fumed.

I lifted up my camera, a triumphant smirk adorning my face. "Got it all captured on here."