29 ❋ Amelia

The following morning I slept in late, and by the time my eyes finally opened I felt completely rested. I stayed in bed for a while, too comfortable to move anywhere.

I eventually found the will to throw my blankets off and climb out of my bed. Thankfully one of my roommates thought to keep the central heating on, so the flat didn't become an igloo over night. I spent ages in the shower, completely washing and grooming myself from top to bottom. It felt so liberating to be free from the daily grind at Tesco's.

When I was satisfied with my level of cleanliness I got out the shower and made myself a quick breakfast smoothie. I still felt positively ecstatic about recent events and I didn't know if I would ever come down from this high.

After breakfast I went back to my room with a goal in mind. I would go through my ridiculous collection of photos and pick out my favourites. I wanted to make a portfolio of all my best work, to showcase to future employees perhaps. Also just because I wanted to keep said photos protected.

It took almost two hours to sift through my extensive collection of photos and compile the album that defined me as a photographer. There was a mixture of landscapes, portraits and everything in between. There was still a few spaces left at the end of the album and I realised that I still hadn't developed the film I had recently used. There was the fashion show with Troye and Tyler, the bridge photos with Joe and the Dorothy prank also.

It was time for a trip to my favourite place in London - Letty's Prints.

It was a cramped, dusty little shop tucked away on a street corner about 10 minutes walk from our flat. It was so small and humble that sometimes you could walk past the shop without even realising it was there. Quite frankly I didn't know how the place was still running - there was not much demand for old fashioned printing now days, and even then there was larger and more conspicuous shops you could visit.

The thing I loved about Letty's was the dark room out back. I never experienced one of those back home and once I tried it for the first time I fell in love with it. I loved the atmosphere in the room when the lights were off - it was like the world had ceased to exist and it was only you and your photographs.

I quickly piled on some layers to combat the icy December wind, grabbed my film and left the flat. As I walked to Letty's I thought about Joe, and our newly developed relationship. Everything about it felt so natural, as if I was stepping into a pair of comfortable old shoes. But at the same time these shoes were unlike anything I had ever felt before. It was a perfect balance of comfort and exhilaration.

When I got to Letty's Prints, Letty herself was standing behind the front counter flipping through a sample album with a deep set look of concentration on her tanned face. She was a small, wiry lady with silvery hair and fine lines on her face. I had no idea of her actual age but she looked to be in her late 60's. She had a passion for her shop and was always friendly when she saw me.

She didn't notice I was there until I cleared my throat. She jumped a little bit and placed a hand on her heart, shaking her head and smiling when she saw it was me.

"Amelia! I was wondering when you'd show your face here again." She pushed her glasses further up her nose and kept a smile on her face

"You know I can't stay away for long Letty." I said, chuckling fondly.

We chatted for a while about the shop, business and the weather. It was a simple and undemanding conversation, and I loved how she never asked prying questions about my personal life.