28 ❋ Amelia

I couldn't stop looking at Joe. His slightly imperfect, tan skin. That crooked quality to his smile. The gentle pink in his cheeks that never seemed to fade away, making him always appear lively. His eyes captured me most of all - they were a stormy grey which seemed to shift and change colors depending on the light. It was hard not to stare at him constantly, because I suddenly wanted to remember every detail of his face.

It was almost like I didn't know what to do with myself. Every time we even touched a little bit or made eye contact my stomach fluttered uncontrollably and I became a hot mess. I wondered if he was feeling like this, or if he noticed how weird I was acting. Caspar was certainly eyeing me suspiciously. He probably had a fairly good idea of what happened last night.

"Those were some first class waffles Joe Sugg." I said when we were all finished and it was washing up time. We were standing side by side at the sink, rinsing plates to go in the dish washer. Our shoulders were brushing, and every time we collided I felt a shiver run up my spine.

"Thanks mate, that was awesome. You guys need my help with that?" Caspar asked as he stood up from his stool and took his plate round to the sink.

"No thanks, we should be fine Cas. And thank you Lia." He said, winking at me and playfully nudging my shoulder. I wanted to press my lips to that cheeky smirk.

Caspar sauntered out of the room and down the stairs, leaving the two of us alone. I felt the tension rise dramatically as I rinsed the dishes and handed them to Joe. When we finished the job he turned to face me, his eyes locked on my lips.

"Theres some food on your mouth... Let me get it for you." Joe said warmly as he reached out a finger to brush away whatever was there. He had absolutely no inkling of the pang in my chest that occurred from those words. It was the same thing Dan did to me before he kissed me for the first time. I wasn't sure why the memory made me feel bad but suddenly I withdrew from Joe's touch and looked away from him.

"Lia? What is it?" He sounded panic-stricken as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing, really. I just remembered something."

"What did you remember?" He sounded increasingly worried.

I sighed and shook my head. "Dan did the same thing you just did to me when we first kissed. It just reminded me of what I put him through. Imagine if he knew about what we did last night."

"Lia, Lia... He never has to know about that, or anything we do. I know you feel bad about hurting him but remember what he said to you. It's over between you two." He moved his arm so that it was resting around my waist and holding me against him.

"You're right. I just hate hurting people. I must've hurt him pretty bad for him to say those things."

"Don't feel guilty now Lia. It's not your fault you never returned his feelings."

"I know." I said, leaning into Joe and letting him hold me for a peaceful few moments. It was strange - I felt so right with Joe, more right than I ever felt with Dan throughout our whole relationship.

"Now can I get that food off your face?" Joe said, leaning back so he could send me a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes and nodded, standing still as he leaned forward and cupped his hand around my jaw. He used his thumb to brush away whatever was there and then flicked his gaze up to join with mine.

We closed the gap between us at the same time and our lips collided, moving together so effortlessly. My body ached for him more and more as our tongued explored each others mouths and his hands roamed over my back.

We parted for air and kept holding each other, so that our faces were centimetres apart.

"I want you again." Joe whispered in a rough voice, and the sound made the inferno within me blaze. I wanted him too, and from the look in his eyes I could tell he was being serious.