Chapter. 31

I was fine nearly five minutes after I collapsed, though Cody still insisted that he carry me back to the bus. By then, everyone was awake and wondering what on earth had happened. I just wanted to go back to sleep, but Cody made me stay and tell them the entire story, which isn't that much.
"We need to find the portal, now," Scarlett says, flailing her arms around. She's been doing that a lot lately, flailing her arms, it's like she uses it to get her ideas out.
"Well, we are close, but from what happened to Nat, I would have to say that they are close," Ivory reasons.
"She has a point, we aren't safe here, if the Brothers Grimm find us, they will take Natalie and leave the rest of us for dead." Carter's face is stone cold, like the topic pains him to talk about, which would make sense because we could all be gone soon.
"They know more about our world and everything around us than we do, we have no leverage in this situation." Scarlett moves towards the glove department and pulls out s knife. She advances towards me and carefully places it in my hands.
"Use this to keep yourself safe, this is the best we can do for now." I don't say anything, instead, I study each of my friends' faces. They look sad, lost even, like they know this is the end, and it's is, it's the last test.
"Guys, I may be gone soon, but know that I love you all so so much." I lean forward and engulf them in a large group hug, and surprisingly, none of my friends argue or protest. My mind races with thoughts the entire time we are in this embrace.
"Now I need to leave." I stand, looking down at all of them.
"Not without us you aren't." So this is where we end up, walking down the road, trying to find s portal that is supposed to be in this area. We all look different, like we're characters out of a movie, which, that's probably true, though out movie is our world, and the situation is completely different.
"It should be around this block." Scarlett sounds slightly unsure but she passed by it. We all have backpacks on, our things from the bus. We know that we won't be going back to the mud for a long while, and hey, why not take our modern items, to wherever we live. I play with Carters hand as we walk down the road. The odd thing is, there's no one around. No houses, no nothing, it's just acres and acres of farm land.
"I don't know what you think your going to find, we've probably already found it."

This chapter sucks, this falter sucks really bad, so I am going to upload really short chapters and sucky ones until the end of the book and then I am going to go through the entire book and edit it! Yayyyyyy!