Chapter.1

I sit on the tire swing in my back yard. This is about the thousandth time I have been on this swing. This swing has been in my backyard since I was seven. My parents hung it up on the lowest branch of our pine tree. They said when I needed to cry to go to the swing. They said it would help me. It has. I escape at this tire swing. When I was little I used to call it rubber. I didn't really have a mind back then but now that I think about it, it's kinda funny how I used to think the swing was alive. My fingers on my right hand line the dents in the the tire. It has some moss starting to line the swing in various places. The rope is also starting to collect moss. The rope is now faded and and rubbed where I put my hands most of the time. Still this swing is like another memory to me. I sigh and start to go through a mental check list in my mind. Every day I have to do a certain amount of chores, aka every chore of the household. I honestly don't mind it. For me it is just entertainment or something to do in the lonely, empty house. My parents are almost always working. My mom and dad leave the house at around 5:00 AM and come home at around 7:00 PM. Vacuum, check, laundry, check, dishes, check, kitchen, check, garbage, not check. I have many more chores but those are few listed ones. So it's looks like I still need to take out the garbage. I pop off the swing and make my way toward my house. It's a pale grey colour wigs. Black shingled roof. Our back door is red with a painting of a sun on it. I painted it there when I was about ten. I walk through the back door and into my dimly lit house. I don't normally turn on lights because I don't like a high electric bill. (I know I am weird like that) i walk through the living room and straight into the kitchen. I am thankful for the tile floor because I have spilled drinks on the ground numerous times.

Over in the corner at the back of the kitchen sits the lonely garbage can that I take out every week. I stride over to it and pick up the mostly full garbage bag. I quickly and swiftly replace the bag and close the lid. Picking up the bag full of garbage, I walk outside toward the bin in front if my house. I open the lid and plonk the bag in the bin. It's a beautiful day and the neighbourhood looks even more beautiful. Mandy must be at school already. I guess I will just have to talk to her later. I sit on the edge of my driveway. Just put of the boundary line. The line that says I can't leave the property. You see, I have this bracelet that shocks me every time I try to leave. Trust me you don't want to be shocked to many times. I slowly but surely lie down on the cement and stare up at the beautiful brilliant blue sky. Clouds ripple in swirls and different shapes all around. Oh how I wish I could share this moment with someone else. But no one is here.

"Hey!"

I turn my head to one side and see my best friend Mandy standing at the edge of my driveway.

"Hey Mand! I thought you were at school? Or wait is it 3:00 already?"

"3:05 actually"

Mandy has been my friend for as long as I can remember. She has lived across the street from me since I was little. We have been best friends since the day she came to my house to give me cookies. My seventh birthday.

I laugh a little a little at her starky remark.

" well five minutes off, not that bad, anyway how was school today, did you ace that algebra exam?"

She presses her lips together and makes a manufique symbol with her fingers.

"B- exactly, perfect I guess you could say."

We both burst out laughing. Mandy is normally a D student so I wonder what her parents will say toward the mark.

"Anyway Nati, what are you doing for your birthday? It is in three days."

I take in her question. I haven't really thought about it.

"Well I was thinking we could lie in my back yard and talk or something. I don't know"

"That sounds good, I'll have to talk to you later though, I have a ton of homework."

I wave a hand at her as she turns to walk away.

"Seeya Mandy I'll text you later."

She nods her head and walks toward her house.

I push myself up and walk toward my house. This day is going to be a long one, I know it.

~* A/N *~

So how do you guys like my new story? Is it good? I have been working on something like this for a while so I finally am starting to post it.

I really hope you guys enjoy this.

Don't forget to:

VOTE!

&

COMMENT!