Chapter.10

I stare at the red and still burning mark on my skin. it actually looks like someone burned a mark onto my arm. the pain left as soon as it can and I am now lying on the floor, out of breath. everyone is circled around me, Carter is holding my right hand and Mandy has her hand on my right leg.i go to say their names but know I said something different than what I was thinking.

"Mahira? Caine? Carson? what happened."

The all look at me bewildered as I start to glow the same pinkish purple glow that I lowed before. I notice that each of them are starting to glow as well. Mandy a bright fluorescent orange, Carter a dark blue, and Cody a grass green.

Yes, that's it. we are all some type of crazy magic freakazoids.

The memories of my past, not the fake ones, but the real ones start to float back into my mind.

I remember being rushed through a burning castle by Mahira, Caine, and Carson.we made it to a glowing white light at the edge of a forest. There are people chasing us, guards from the ones attacking us. I was scared senseless. Carson ran up to them, trying to fight for us. All he got was a sword to the stomach, wait what!?

I instantly snapped back to reality, turn toward Carter, and lift his shirt up. I am welcomed to a large, long scar that almost stretches across his entire stomach.

"Carter!" I screech.

He looks down then looks back up at me.

"I'm sorry" he says.

"Why did you do it?" Is all I say.

He looks straight into my eyes.

"I had to save you- I mean you Mandy and Cody. I couldn't see you die. But I'm okay now, don't worry." I smile at his fail attempt to keep me calm. Inside I am screaming. I can't believe he could be so stupid, even through it was for a good cause, he just doesn't think. I sigh right at the moment the door slams shut.

"Natalie Hun, happy birthday, I came home early from my work trip."

My mom walks in through the kitchen door and looks at me and my friends.

"You know..." She says.

"Yes Shannon, I know" I say.

She sighs and nods her head over to the kitchen table.

"Let's you and I talk about it." She says.

I get up from the floor where I am sitting and head over to the kitchen table, leaving my friends to go to the living room.

Hi guys! how are you liking this book? I am working really hard on it! This is a filler chapter, I hope the next one will be longer. so yeah anyway enjoy, vote, comment, follow and read my other story sypher! -Adel (Adelaide)