chapter 16

PERCY POV-

Andrew is here.

So many emotions rush through my body and finally I settle on anger. I want to hit him. I want to hurt him like he hurt me.

I...I look over at Leo. He is already looking at me, silently asking if I'm okay. I weakly smile at him and he grabs my hand.

We all walk forward and the gods stop bickering and looked at us.

My father smiled and got off of his throne and crushed me in a hug.

"I missed you so much" He whispered in my ear.

"I missed you too"

I get over my shock, letting go of Leo's hand, I hug him back.

"After the meeting, I need to talk to you." He says

"Okay"

I look at Leo who is smiling at his father.

Zeus clears his throat and my father returns to his seat."Let's start the meeting"

"We are here to talk about the upcoming war against an unknown force. Athena, what are your thoughts on this?"

"I think that is is another primordial. This is because they had to have been powerful enough to release the Plásma tis katadíkis"

"Wait they're called Plásma tis katadíkis. Can we give it a shorter name" Leo says and the rest of the demigods, Hermes, apollo, Hephaestus, Posiedon, and I laugh.

"Seriously!" He says "it's a really long name"

"We could just call them Damnation. Seeing as how Plásma tis katadíkis means creature of damnation" Andrew said. I forgot he was there.

"I am very confused. This is the first time I've heard anything about a new threat and new monsters" I say

The gods looked angry and annoyed but my father decided to explain

"There is a powerful new threat rising and it released monsters from tartarus that no one has seen in a long time. They are called Plásma tis katadíkis. If they get your DNA they can transform into you. They have power over black fire and they bleed black blood."

"What do they normally look like" I ask

Leo speaks up. "they have black eyes and their faces look...demonic. They constantly smile and their teeth go from ear to ear. Their skin is as black as night if you can even call it skin. It's more like...glass or ice."

"Well, if they can look like anyone, how do you know if we are really us?"

"I didn't think of that..." Zeus said "We should probably check"

"How do we do that?" Leo asks

"I guess we ask you guys questions that only you could answer" Zeus suggests and the other gods murmured in agreement.

My father stands "I'll ask Percy first"

"Okay"

He thinks for a minute. "Where did I meet your mother? What does Blackjack call you? What was your first stepfather's name?"

"Manotauk Beach, boss, and" I pause "Gabe Ugliano"

The gods look at my father and he nods.

Hephaestus stands and asks leo three questions

"What was your mom's name and how did she die?"

"I refuse to answer the second part, but mom's name was Esperanza"