twenty-three

Justin

I'd never been the type of person to openly and publically show affection for someone I liked, until now. Recalling everything that went down that night made my head spin. I found myself feeling something new, jealousy. Recalling how it yanked at me the first time I caught Mike staring at Ariana, and how I blew it off.

This time it was different, the anger more intense, rage brewing inside my gut. The more I became attached to her, the more prevalent the feelings became. I actually wanted to fight Mike as I watched him pour out sweet apologies. I'd never seen this side of him. He was trying to make some sort of impression on Ariana. The way he looked at her intently like he really cared about what she had to say, smiling kindly. He kept whispering in her ear and touching her arm. What the hell was going on? Was Mike coming onto her, or was I totally out of my mind?

I looked over at Ariana taking her hand. I wanted her to know not to pay any mind to what Allison had said.

"Ari, what Allison said back there, about me being on the road? What's seen or heard isn't always what's really going on," I explained.

"Justin, it's okay, really, I'm not stupid. I see how these girls look at you. The guys are as into you as the girls are." She returned my gaze, rubbing the top of my hand softly with her fingertips, sending chills up my arm. "It's just weird to see everyone all gaga over you. You're just Justin to me."

"I don't think it's that way, Ari." I tried to shrug off her sentiment. It made me feel embarrassed. "I mean, I'm stoked to have everyone into the music, that's for sure, but I'm not sure about anything else," I replied, trying to laugh it off.

My words didn't match my feelings. I was very aware. Things had changed since we appeared on local news segments and got our one and only music video aired on Fuel & Havoc TV. Getting on the Warped Tour schedule the prior summer for several dates is when it really changed. Our hard work was finally paying off, and getting on this other upcoming tour was huge.

I was living my dream and I wanted Ariana to share it with me.

"I'm sure it'll only get worse, well, not worse...you know what I mean, more in your face," She said, grabbing me away from my thoughts.

"Right, I guess it's the price we pay, when and if we make it. But it doesn't have to be out of control. That type of celebrity is one in a billion." I laughed, but my stomach sank. "Think about how many bands there are trying to do what we're doing. The odds of that kind of attention, success and fame," I paused at the sobering thought. "Well, I don't wanna get depressed thinking about the odds."

That fact was true, but it never dissuaded me. I fully believed I would be there someday. No doubt in my mind I would be making music for a living the rest of my life, "I just want to make a living playing music."

"It looks to me like you're on your way," She said encouragingly. Her little smirk and head tilt did it to me every time. I wanted to take her in my arms and protect her from all the bullshit and keep her from getting scuffed up by harsh realities.

The nervous excitement gnawed at me watching Ariana skip to my front door disappearing into the shadows. Everything sped by too quickly and we were in my room and Ariana was cleaning up from her pool incident. Another test was about to be dumped into my lap. I sat in front of my computer trying not to think of her naked, in the shower, only a few feet away from me. I laughed at myself, rubbing my hands over my face. What the hell was I thinking? Seriously, I was gonna get in some serious trouble if I couldn't keep it under control.

As much as I was sober I felt buzzed from the adrenaline.

***

I found Ariana standing out on the patio and I drifted to her side. My actions weren't what my mind was telling me to do. Before I knew it I was having my first real taste of her and a current ran through me like no other. My brain scrambled and I had to stop before I spun out of control. Her clean sweet smell mixed with the warmth of her mouth was intoxicating. I pulled away from her and sat down on the nearby lounge burying my face in my hands. She had absolutely no idea the power she had. I was so wound up I could have run to the bathroom to toss one off.

Ariana wasn't as naïve as I thought. Feeling her warm skin pressed against mine, the warning bells were at an all time high. I kicked myself for wanting her to stay the night again. I was in deep and sinking fast, way more quickly than I imagined possible.

I didn't give a shit if I drowned.

A/N:

GUYS I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING :(((((

I've been so busy with school.... but hey, you got Justin's pov ;))))

thanks for reading love ya xo

((20 votes for the next chapter <333)