fifty

Ariana

I was happy Justin left, but all I could think about was how beautiful he looked and how Eva James, of all people, would be all over him. Playing the game we'd made up was hard. It was difficult pretending the longer it went on.

Eva James. I never asked how she happened, and all I could do was either push it from my mind or dream up all the intimate scenarios that her and Justin would be in. I just knew it went on. I centered my mind on Mike and his qualities. His bright green eyes, even though they were glossed over from intoxication, pulled me in. I felt like I was floating. I'd hardly ever drunk anything but beer, and the vodka drink Mike prepared tasted refreshing. Before I knew it, the harshness of knowing Justin was spending New Years Eve with someone else began to fade.

Mike's hands felt warm and soothing as our fingers mingled together. "How you feelin'?" he asked, curiously. His little smirk made my insides flutter. I wondered if I was starting to really like him. His skin felt like velvet under my fingertips, it felt so good beneath my hands I slid them up under his jacket and shirt, feeling his back.

There were many qualities I admired in him, his edge and brevity, he was self-assured and so different than Justin. Mike was a true rebel, not a fake one, like Justin. Not that Justin was exactly fake, but people thought of him as a rebel because of their own perceptions, not because of facts. Nope, Mike with his homegrown tattoos and his ripped jeans and motorcycle boots. He was old school, like something out of a James Dean movie. I was curious about him and wondered if he had other tattoos in places I couldn't see.

He wasn't gentle like Justin, but not rough either. He held me secure and deliberate. "You feeling okay?" he whispered, and kissed my cheekbone.

"Yeah, I feel excellent." I giggled. His lips were moist as they pressed lightly again on my neck. I felt instant guilt as I looked into his eyes. Not because of Justin, but because I knew he really liked me. I mean he had to, right? He made such an effort to hang out with me all these months. I could at least give him one night of making out. Justin was, after all, doing the same thing with Eva. The thought of her name made her pretty face made my insides burn.

I kissed Mike for the first time. He felt bulky in his leather jacket. "Take this off," I said tugging at his jacket, slipping it off his shoulders. "Your skin is so soft." I kept rubbing the contours of his arms.

His tongue slipped into my mouth, mingling with mine. His motions were more aggressive than Justin's. I pulled away and he twirled me around and sat on the bed. He pulled me down on top of him. "You're beautiful. But you know that."

Huh? My brain fought between rationalizations and feeling things I'd not experienced. I was completely wasted, but it all felt both extreme and remarkable.

His rugged hands rubbed up my back and down to my butt, every squeeze felt intense and pleasing. His warmth enveloped me and I playfully hit his chest and rolled off, lying next to him. "But I know that? What's that supposed to mean?" He didn't answer me.

I rubbed at the blanket beneath my hand. It was the softest blanket I'd ever felt. I reached up and touched Mike's face, feeling the rough stubble at his jawline. It felt like sand paper as it brushed against my skin, so unlike Justin. I ran my hands through his hair and pulled his face to mine. I was wishing he was Justin and I kissed him, again. I felt heavier and heavier. Like I was melting. I wanted Justin. I wanted Mike to be Justin. Mike kissed me harder, more forceful and I tried pushing him away, but I didn't know if my arms were working. I tried to speak and I didn't know if he was hearing my words.

I couldn't do this, unless it was Justin. I told him to stop, but it all came out jumbled. I felt fear rise inside me. I was too fucked up to let this happen, but I couldn't move. I felt tugging at my jeans, but didn't feel I had the strength to move. I couldn't open my eyes and I felt pressure on top of me and then voices, and yelling. Female voices.