36. .....now I'll never know.

Joel's POV

I woke up this morning to find myself lying in bed alone, just like I had been for the past three days.

Today was the day that I had to bury the love of my life.

Today was also the day I had to explain to my daughter that her momma was never coming home.

I sat up and glanced at the clock.

6AM

Alisha would usually be in the kitchen right now drinking the strongest cup of coffee. I would get up and walk into the kitchen to see her sitting at the table with a book in her hand and the sun framing her face perfectly.

But for the past three days I walked into a dark kitchen, no smell of fresh coffee, no book, and no Alisha.

I got up and got ready for the day. I soon heard Robin running downstairs as I was trying to make breakfast. Everyone had tried to stay over and help, but I didn't want them to. I needed to know that I could do this on my own. That I could raise a 4 year old on my own.

"Is momma home yet?" Robin asked excitedly.

Well I guess this was it. I sat down and sat Robin in my lap.

"Princess, momma can't come home."

She looked at me confused. "Why can't she daddy?"

"Robin, mommy got hurt and she had to go to heaven to be with your grandpa and all the angels." My heart was completely breaking at the site of my baby girl who was beginning to understand what I was saying to her. She was always too smart for her own good.

"I'm never going to be able to see her again?" She asked tears starting to show in her eyes.

"No baby. I'm sorry." She then began to cry and I just held her, trying to be strong for the both of us.

Brian's POV

Another morning I woke up to Mandy crying in the bathroom. She always tried to hide it by turning on the shower, but I could always hear her. I walked into the bathroom and sat on the ground trying to soothe her. Like I had for the past few days.

"Why her?" The same question she had asked me every morning and every night I hoped and prayed that the next time she asked I would have the answer, but I didn't. There was no one on this earth that could tell us why Alisha was gone.

Matt's POV

I woke up to Val crying. She had been staying with me since she got back and every morning was the same routine for all of us. Me, Brian, and Billy basically had the same routines in the morning with the girls. I sat up and put my arms around Val pulling her into me as I tried myself not to cry.

Jimmy and Leana had been handling all of the funeral arrangements so that Joel and Mandy could just focus on themselves and Robin. Val ended up crying herself back to sleep and I got up to call Joel and see how things were going.

"Hey man." Was all I could say because asking him how he was doing seemed stupid. We all knew that this pain wasn't going to get any easier to handle.

"Hey Matt. I told her and I really need all of you. Can you come over?"

"I'll be there in a bit." I hung up the phone and ran into the room.

"Val we gotta go." She stirred and sat up slowly.

"Matt. What's going on?"

"Joel told Robin. He needs us." She immediately got up and practically ran out the door.