Chapter Nine

Annabeth's POV...

"Hey," Piper says walking up to me. I am sitting on the pier watching the sunset. "Hey," I say trying to sound up beat. Piper sits next me. "I took Nico shopping today," Piper says looking out at the sea. "Do you know that-"

"Nico is physically a girl now?" I interrupt her. "Yeah Lou Ellen and her magic." 

After a moment of silence Piper stands up. "Well," she sighs. "I'm going to go see Sparky."

I nod. I'm not really thinking about the whole Nico thing. Well I guess I kind of am. I'm sort of confused about what to think. Nico is still my friend I don't hate, her.  Funny thing is, I haven't seen either Nico or Will all day and then I heard the rumors. I asked Lou Ellen if she had seen them, and that's when I found out. I thought maybe they were in the Hades cabin, but when I went there the cabin was empty. I thought maybe they went off together somewhere. Now I know that Piper took Nico shopping all day. So where's Will?

*                                  *                                  *

I'm in Percy's cabin, but he's not here. I sit on his bed waiting for him to come back. "Hey wise girl," he smiles at me walking through the doorway, and shutting the door behind him. I sigh. "Percy," I say as he sits down beside me. "We need to talk."