Chapter Seven

Percy's POV...

It's amazing how fast word can spread around camp. I have to know if the rumors are true. I'm pretty sure that they are, but I want to be one hundred percent certain. I walk to the Hades cabin, but there is no answer. I turn away and start walking to the Zeus cabin. On the way there I see Annabeth talking with Lou Ellen. She smiles at me and Lou Ellen gives me a little wave, clearly they are have a deep conversation about something.

I reach the Zeus cabin and knock on the door. No answer. I open the door and walk in anyway. Jason is sound asleep, on the floor. I kick him gently in the back. "Ugh," he mutters and sits up. "Raise and shine sleeping beauty," I smile down at him. He looks up at me annoyed and sits on the bed. "What do you want Percy? I didn't get a good sleep last night and I'm tired," he yawns.

"I want to know about Nico," I say and I can feel my face get hot saying. "Percy," Jason says standing up. "Nico is now physically a girl. And if you have a problem with it you can eat voltage."

I step back. "Dude calm down," I say calmly. "I heard rumors and I just wanted to know if they were true. I never insulted Nico, or thought about it." 

"Oh," Jason blushes lightly and looks down. "The answer is yes," he says sitting on the bed. "Nico is still the same person Percy." I nod. "I know," I say and bite my lip. I sit on the bed next to him. "Did someone else insult Nico? Is that why you threated me? If you didn't already blast them into pieces, then let me help you destroy them."

Jason smiles, knowing that I accept Nico and care about her. "Nico came by earlier," Jason says frowning. "She was saying that Will hated her." "Does he?" I raise an eyebrow. I have seen Nico and Will together. Nico is everything in Will's eyes. He looks at Nico the way I look at Annabeth, or Jason looks at Piper, or Frank looks at Hazel, or Leo looks at Calypso. The thought of Will hating Nico seems impossible.

"Percy," Jason sighs. "Will doesn't know that Nico wants to stay the way he is. He thinks that Lou Ellen accidently changed him into a girl. In truth, Nico asked her."

"How could Nico not tell him?" I yell. "Because Percy," Jason says staying calm. "Nico is afraid that he will hate her and break up with her."

"If he hurts her-"

"Then we will kill him," Jason finishes for me.

Just then Leo burst into the room. "No guys before I say this," Leo yells out of breath. "I want you to know that I'm totally loyal to Calypso, but I want to know since when is there another child of Hades? She is hot!"

Jason and I glance at each other before holding back our laughter. Leo said that he would never in a million years like Nico, which is now a lie. "What?" he demands seeing our faces. "Leo," Jason says and he's trying his hardest not to laugh. "There is no new child of Hades. Nico is physically a girl now." Leo's face is priceless and Jason and I can't help but laugh so hard we fall in the floor and our faces are wet with tears. "I guess it's been a million years!" I laugh.