Chapter Thirty-Two

Nico's POV...

Percy's not here. Well I can't see him so I am going to assume that he is gone, but I'm not going to call out. I get out of bed and start running, dragging my hand against the wall. I can feel blood soaking my hand, but I don't care.

I take a deep breath before I ran out of the cave. I am instantly soaked. I start swimming up. I can see the sun above the water. I can't hold my breath much longer. I keep swimming. I have to get to Will I have to.

My head brakes through the surface. I take a deep breath. I can see camp, I can swim there. I am in the lake. I feel weak and exhausted from swimming this far, but I am thinking about Will. Just past those woods Will Solace, my fiancé, is there. He must be worried sick about me.

I have to keep swimming. I have to force myself to keep going. I start swimming and I am getting closer to camp. I feel like my lungs are going to give out. I keep swimming. I feel hope and happiness. I am not scared anymore. I can be free. I am free. I am going to see Will!

I feel something wrap around my ankle. I start to panic as I take a sharp breath. Suddenly I am pulled under the water and spun around. I see Percy floating in the water next to me. He wraps me up in his arms and his lips crash into mine.

* * *

"What part about staying with me forever do you not understand!?" Percy demands, slinging me on the bed. "I hate to do this but I have to punish you."

I can hear my heart pounding louder than ever. I am scared to cry, move, or even make a sound. He rolls me over and he has the dagger in his hand. My eyes widen and I start shaking. I cry out in pain and sadness as the blade pierces my stomach...