Chapter Thirty-Four

Annabeth's POV...

Jason, Will, and I jump into the lake. We had to wait awhile for Will to calm down though. I feel sorry for whoever has to clean up that mess. Will didn't want me to come, he said it would be bad for my health. Well I pointed out that I actually know where the cave is.  Also, for a doctor he doesn't seem to care that much about his own health.I start swimming with Jason and Will by my sides.

*     *     *

Finally after a lot of swimming and coming up for air, we reach the cave. Will is the first one in, then Jason, and then me. I can't believe Percy, this is so not like him. Actually I don't believe that it is him, and if it is him, someone did something to him. The Percy that I know would never do something so mean. Will takes off running into the darkness and, Jason and I take off after him.

I see light and stop running. I drop to my knees. I feel hot and dizzy. "Annabeth," Jason says. He is probably screaming, but it doesn't sound like it. I feel him help me to my feet. My vision is blurry and feel like everything is spinning. I blink my eyes a few times and run after Will.

When Jason and I get there, Will has an unconscious Nico in his arms. She is wearing a black lace night slip, and it looks like someone whacked off a lot of her hair. A lose handcuff dangles from her hand. Will looks like he might brake down holding her.

"Do you want me to take her?" Jason whispers and Will shakes his head. I turn to Jason. "You and Will take Nico back to the infirmary. I am going to stay here and talk to Percy."

Jason only nods and I watch as him and Will walk out with Nico. I hear footsteps and I know that Percy is coming.