Chapter Fourteen

Will's POV...

I have been laying here with Nico for almost an hour, but I'm not complaining. Laying pressed against the person you love most in the world, with no layers between you and listening to their breathing, feeling their skin, it must be the most peaceful thing in the world. If Nico just wants to lay here all day, I would totally be okay with that.

"Will!" Percy says barging in the Hades cabin. "I need your help immediately! It's Annabeth, I think she's dead."

He has clearly been crying a lot. I kiss Nico on the head and she looks up at me. "Percy," I sigh. "I will be right there just give me a minute."

"I promise that I will spend the rest of the day with you Neeks," I getting out of bed. "I just have to save Annabeth first, okay? I'm sorry-"

"Don't be sorry," Nico says sitting up, pulling the covers up to her chest. "It's your job Will. They need you. You are the best."

How did I ever end up with someone who believes in me so much?

She smiles watching me get dressed. Not that I mind, but I know that I'm blushing. I kiss her on the head and I'm about to pull away when she grabs me, letting the covers fall and kiss me passionately. She pushes me away before I can kiss back, and pulls the sheets back up to her chest.

"Now go save the day," she smiles, blushing lightly. "Hero."

I smile and kiss her head one last time before dashing out the door.