CHAPTER 3: MEETING A NEW FRIEND aka NEW BROTHER

"B-baby I'm g-going to miss you so m-much. P-please t-t-take care" mom said taking me in her arms and starting to cry. I didn't say anything and just stayed there consoling her. I know that if I open my mouth to speak, I won't be able to stop myself from crying. I never cry in front of anyone because it makes me feel weak. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat for the hundredth time, gathered all the courage and said "don't worry mom, I'll be fine I promise. I am a big and strong girl."

For the last two days I spent as much time with my family as possible because frankly speaking I don't think I'll be visiting India anytime soon. We went to all the places possible and enjoyed to the fullest but that doesn't mean I am rich or anything. I am just a middle class and if you guys are wondering about how much I shopped, well more than half of them were bought by my cousins as a farewell gift and the remaining others was bought with the pocket money savings. Hell, I can't even afford one way ticket to America. It all just come under the scholarship. Okay so back to the present, I sent my mom, brother and cousins back home after saying good bye to them. It's not like I wanted them to leave but if they had stayed I wouldn't be able to control myself. So it was best for them to leave.

I am now standing at the entrance of the airport with my luggage and ticket waiting for some guy called Nikhil, who also got the scholarship in the same university. You see, I received an email the next day saying about the person who also got accepted in the same university on full scholarship and I'll be leaving for USA with him. As I said, I'm not comfortable around strangers specially guys, I was very nervous to travel with a guy across the world.

God where is he? I thought guys don't get late. Soon after a tall cute guy with short black hair came over to me. "Hey, I am Nikhil, Nikhil Shetty. You must be Natasha Kapoor." He said extending his hands towards me. "Yeah that's me. Nice to meet you Nikhil." I said shaking his hands. As he was near me I noticed he had black eyes and pink lips, he was sporting a French beard which complemented his looks and not to forget he also had wheat colour skin. You guys must be wondering how he recognised me, well the exam department gave us each other's email ids so that we could share the details and everything with each other and that's how he recognized me.

"Nice to meet you too Natasha. Hey is it ok if I call you Nat?"

"Sure you can, in fact, most of my friends call me Nat."

"C'm on now let's get inside then we'll talk as long as you want. I want to know everything about my competitor and scholarship partner.

"You know, you sound like a girl right now" he laughed at my comment while showing his ticket to the guard.

I don't know why but I feel quite comfortable around him. He doesn't give any negative vibe and I think we'll be good friends.

We went inside and waited in the queue to collect our boarding passes.

"So Nat, are you excited to go to Harrison's?"

"Yes I am and a lot nervous too. I don't know but I am having this jittery feeling. There are so many questions in my mind like what if I don't like it over there, what if people and teachers don't like me, what if I am not able to cope up with the studies and so many more what ifs- hey sorry I know I'm blabbering right now but that's because I am way too nervous." I replied not ones stopping.

"Okay little sister calm down, calm down. Don't worry your big brother is here to protect you from everything and by everything I also mean the guys who'll come within 10 feet. Hey is it ok if I call you little sister? You know, you remind me of my younger sister that's why."

"Of course it's fine. I always wanted an elder brother because they are so protective and caring. But are you sure you are elder to me?"

"Didn't you see my details? I am 3 months elder to you. My birthday is on May 12th and yours is on August 31st. I am hurt sister." He said placing his hand over his heart mockingly.