CHAPTER 30 - HER CRIES OF PAIN

A/N: Guys I am sorry I had to change a few things. I didn't know when did college students have their exams in USA. So this is one more chapter before the revelation. Sorry for the inconvenience. I tried to make this chapter as interesting a possible.

This chapter us dedicated to
a_rosebud_
Scoobydoo800
julired

Thanks for the support loves. 😘😘

Zach' POV

December. A month of light, snow and feasts. A time to make amends and tie lose ends. Finish off what you started and hope that your wishes come true.

3 and a half months and I am still waiting for her. And I will wait for an entire eternity if it comes to that. I am trying hard to bring her back. But it becomes painful at times. Sometimes I feel like walking away but then, what is love without struggles? I know she is lost. Somewhere deep down, she needs someone to rescue her. I will bring her back. Don't know when, but I will.

She has gone to her normal self. The pretentious ones. The one where she laughs but her eyes doesn't twinkle. The one where she speaks but her voice is monotone.

We don't talk anymore like before. Just normal talks. Some greeting messages. But that's it. I never thought I would crave for someone so badly. But I did. I fell in love with her. Hopelessly. And I will continue to fall. It has no limits.

After I confessed my love for her, she was frozen like a statue. I started doubting whether I did the right thing or not. But the emotion of pure endearment told me that I was right. She held so much love for me in her eyes that were twinkling due to the tears. She didn't say it back though. It hurt but I know where she is coming from.

I headed towards the parking lot with all these thoughts in my mind. Today, was our last exam and we all decided to go to the nearby diner for lunch.

Tomorrow, we have to go to college for the last day before we have our vacations. It's a normal thing Harrison University does after every exams. As a token of our hardwork, they appreciate us by arranging a party, more like a get together. It's not mandatory to attend but everyone does.

Everyone in the group knew about our "breakup". Though, I wouldn't call it as a breakup. I was giving her the space she desperately needed.

"Hey. Everyone's here?" I asked and looked around, searching for the only person I wanted to see.

"She is in Austin's car." Nikhil replied stressing on 'she'. I started getting mad. She could have gone with anyone. Why Austin? What if they have gotten close to one another? After all, she talks to him more than me.

"Relax dude. You know her. She won't do anything like that. They are just friends." Nathan said calmly.

"I know her very well. I know she won't do anything. It's Austin that I don't trust." I gritted my teeth.

"I know he likes her but he won't come in between you two. He is my brother and I know him. He isn't selfish to cause problems between the two of you." Sarah said shrugging.

*********

I felt her gaze on me but I didn't look at her. Yes I was mad at her for ignoring me and talking with everyone else so nicely. I gave her all the space she wanted but if this is how it's gonna be, I am done with it. Out of all the people, she ignores me. I am gonna give her the taste of her own medicine. I am gonna ignore her as well.