CHAPTER 44 : POWER OF LOVE.

SURPRISEEEE!!!

Unedited.

Natasha's POV.

"...A river cuts through the rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.

Just like the river, you have to be persistent. I know you can hear me. I want...no I need you to keep pushing yourself. I know it's dark over there but keep searching. I am standing with the light. Listen to my voice and follow me baby.

Remember, you told me that you will follow me to death. Well, I need you to follow me to life.

I am waiting, my precious love. My Tasha." Zach's voice calmed me.

I don't know how many days have passed since I am laying on this hospital bed. I can hear them clearly but I can't see them. I can't utter a sound. I can't move.

It did panic me a little at first. But I let it go. Many people came, tried to get me to wake up, failed and go. I didn't hear my parent's voice so I guess they were not informed and I am glad. They must not get an air about it.

Some time ago, I heard Sarah crying and blaming herself for my condition. It's not her fault at all though. Hell I don't even blame Mr Lucifer. He was forced to do what he did. I mean, he received his daughter's finger as a gift. No father in the world could handle seeing such a thing.

"You are listening right?" He asked. Desperation clear in his voice.

Yes. I want to answer.

"We are going through a tough time. Tough times don't last. But tough people do. And you my girl, is the toughest of them all. So hang in there my princess. Don't let your chin down or the crown falls."

I smiled as those words full of love and adoration escaped his lips. And what came more of a shock was that I actually smiled.

"Did...Did you just sm-smile?" For the first time, since a long time, I made some movement. Zach's voice blossomed with hope. It was clear from the way he spoke.

"Tasha...t-tasha...you smiled. I am not imagining things. Am I? Tasha, please smile again. Let me know I wasn't imagining this." I tried to smile again but alas! It wasn't of any use.

"Tasha...." His voice turned soft...hopeless. It felt as if the water bubble just broke. I felt something wet on my cheek followed by sniffles. Then his head was on my chest, fingers caressing my hair.

Zach was crying?!

That was the last string. With all my strength, I tried waking up.

'The power of love.' Never knew this kind of thing existed. Even though I was in love with Zach, never have I ever experienced something so devastating. He was crying for me.

That cry had the power to make me push myself to leave the darkness I was trapped within. It had the power to make me fight against the dementors and reach for light.

We simply can't abandon a ship everytime it encounters a storm. When we love someone, a power from an infinite source fills us and flows through us.

That is what drove me to reality. To life. To home. To Zach. To everything.

Now I know the immeasurable power of love, that true love can endure any circumstances and reach across any dimensions.

I opened my eyes slowly and blinked several times to adjust to the sudden brightness. Though my vision was blurry, I was aware of my surrounding.