CHAPTER 10- FIRST DAY JITTERS

A/N- HEY GUYS...HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING? SO HERE'S THE NEW UPDATE. I HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. IT MOTIVATES ME TO WRITE FURTHER. :(

Natasha's POV

It was 11:25 am when the door-bell rang. I was alone at home with just silence accompanying me. I walked up to the door and peeked through the peek hole but there was no one on the other side of the door. I opened the door and saw on either sides but the corridor was empty. I went a step ahead only to trip over something. It was a box or rather, a gift box.

The gift box was covered with a yellow wrapper with a red bow tied at the centre. I went inside with the box. There was no name written on it. Maybe Krish wanted to surprise me. This brought a smile on my face. He always knows how to make my day special.

As soon as I opened the box, I was hit by a strong metallic smell of blood. I instantly threw it away without looking what was inside it. I covered my face not wanting to see what is inside the box. Krish would never do that.

After gaining enough courage, I uncovered my face and turned towards the direction of the box. It was my prince, covered in blood. I shakily went towards it and picked it up. There was a note tied to its bow and it said something which made me freeze.

'I'll be back'

I jolted awake, covered in sweat. The cool air didn't seem so cool enough to me now. I rushed to the bathroom and washed my burning, sweaty face. My heartbeat was thousand miles per minute and my mind was racing with so much emotions. I wanted to cry and scream but the only thing I did was open my diary and write it out.

13th August

Dear diary,

I still remember that day.

The day I can never forget.

Coz of which I still regret.

I lost my best friend

And now I feel like my life ends.

I cried a lot with pain

And there was so much for you to gain.

But I messed it up all

And now it's just a never ending fall.

Sometimes I wonder,

What if I surrender to the guilt that has made my body and soul its home?

Will I be able to live or will I give up on myself and roam the lands of 'the further'?

I cry myself to sleep

But along with my eyes, my heart also weeps.

It know I am alive but walking dead

And no one's going to find a solution or its med.

Whenever I remember all those memories,

It opens up the wounds and all the injuries.

I never wanted this for you. I am so sorry.

Is it too late now to say sorry?

Of course it is.

I stopped writing when I realised the page I was writing was wet and the ink was slightly smeared. I was crying. I can't deal with this anymore. I just want this to end but I guess I wasn't fortunate enough.