CHAPTER 39 - I TRUST HER.

I dont feel like updating anymore because of the poor response. I spend hours writing a chapter with my busy schedule yet I write it for the reader's sake but then when I see such a little response, I feel very bad.

Anyways, for those who actually care about the book, here you go. Enjoy! ☺

*********

Natasha's POV

"Hey." I was greeted by Austin as I was about to enter study hall.

I didn't see him today in the college. He looked a bit different. His eyes were red and he had dark circles under his eyes. He seemed tired as if he hasn't slept well.

"Uh hie?" I replied but it came out as a question.

"C-can I talk to you for a m-moment?" He slurred. I smelled a faint smell of alcohol as he spoke.

"Austin, are you drunk?" I asked.

"D-drunk? Me? Nooo." He chuckled lightly.

He was drunk. How could someone get drunk and come to the campus?

"You are clearly drunk. If someone catches you in this state, you will be suspended. It's not safe here. Let's go." I said taking his hand. Looking around, I didn't see any teacher so I took him to the nearest empty classroom I could find. He leaned on me for support though he wasn't that drunk.

"Austin, why the hell are you in this state?" I asked narrowingmy eyes after making him sit on the teacher's chair and giving him water bottle.

"Because of y-you." He replied, a little stable now. I looked at him confused.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"What did you do? Well, you ruined me." He answered glaring at me.

"Ruined you? Care to explain?"

"I was there with you since the time you came here. I always tried making you smile. I always tried to make you feel special but you never saw me as more than a friend. I fell in love with you but you went for the guy who had a bad reputation. I thought you will see it and come back to me but you started to fall for him in front of my eyes. You have no idea how I felt when I saw you two getting all cozy in front of me. Were you trying to rub it on my face? It seemed just like that." He blurted out angrily.

"Austin, this is the last time I will say this so listen and listen good. Yes, you were there for me since the time I came here. You always made me smile. I used to have so much fun with you. You were one of the best person to me. And believe me, those who get a special place in my life are very rare. That's what made you special.

But being special to someone and being loved by someone are two different things. Love isn't something that happens out of force. It just happens and knock you off of your feet. That's what happen with me and Zach. The bond which we share is beyond someone's understanding capability.

You know me Austin but Zach, he understands me better than anyone else. We love each other. Yes he had a bad reputation but that was his past. I can't let that affect our present and future.

And I love him very much. You say you love me, but that isn't love. Love is understanding. Love is trust. Love is belief. And love is something I feel for Zach.

One day, you will find a girl who will love you, understand you. And you will have the same feeling towards her. That will be your love. That day, you will realise what you felt for me, wasn't love.

Austin, please don't let this thing ruin our friendship. I beg you." I replied to him in softest convincing voice possible.

"I don't think I will fall in love with someone else now." He sighed.