CHAPTER 36 - DAD.

"Whoever you are, just stop messing with me!" I shouted in the empty corridor of the library.

You see, we have a free class and I was sitting in the library alone doing some study. The group was in the classroom having fun but I was in no mood to have fun so I came to the library. The library was completely empty.

It's been 3 weeks since the university reopened and since day one, I am being stalked. I haven't said anything to anyone about this. I tried ignoring it and convincing myself that the note meant nothing. It was just a mere prank.

I didn't get any note for the next two days but then, on the third day, I found a note in my bag. I don't know how it came in my bag or who kept it. I just remember Austin carrying it for just a few moments which made me doubt him. But why would he do that? I know he likes me but, can he go to this limit? I trusted Austin. He was a very good friend of mine. But now, I don't know where we stand because of his behaviour.

To be honest, I don't trust Austin much now. He has been acting very differently with me. Whenever Zach and I are together, which is almost all the time, he gives us a look full of jealousy. Something always glints in his eyes but I never try to figure it out.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a thud sound from behind a shelf. I took calculated steps and went in the direction of that sound.

I peeked from the side to find no one. I released the breath I was holding. There was a book lying on the floor. I picked it up and placed it on the shelf again. When I was turning to go back, my eyes zeroed onto the note that was on the ground.

I gasped with panic. Whoever he was, he was here. I knew it. I felt it. Picking up the note and clutching it to my chest, I rushed to the place where I was sitting and opened it.

As soon as I opened it, I yelped and threw the note. Sweat beads fell from my forehead and my hands shivered. I felt as though my heart has stopped beating. I wasn't able to breathe properly.

With Crimson red blood as ink, the note read,

I am watching you.
Remember,
You. Are. Mine.

I grabbed my bag and the note and rushed out of the library. This is going out of hand. I need to tell to the principal. They'll help me with this. After all,  it's their duty to ensure every student is safe inside their university. I need to inform them that there is a psycho wandering in the campus.

"Woah. Where are you going in such a hurry?" Austin asked curiously stopping me on the way.

"Uh I have some work in the art room." I said unable to come up with a good excuse.

"Art room huh? I should have guessed." He tried not snapping.

Huh? What is he talking about?

"What?" I asked confused.

"Tell me it's just a mere coincidence that your boyfriend also has some work in the art room." He said gritting out the word boyfriend.

"Excuse me! Whatever you are trying to say, say it clearly." I snapped angrily.

"Oh please, as if you don't know what I am talking about. What do you have to do in the art room? With Zach? Huh?" He said finally loosing his cool.

"Whatever we do, it's none of your concern Austin. He is my boyfriend and I will do anything with him. You stay out of it." I replied shoving his chest lightly.

He grabbed my hand and that's when I noticed a band aid on his finger.

"What happened to your finger?" I asked narrowing my eyes.