Nightmares

~Rose's POV~

I woke up to the sound of my own screaming. Ever since I started living with my brother and his bandmates I've been having these terrible nightmares. Last night was the worst. In the dream, everything seemed fine, it was sunny out and it was a gorgeous day. But then everything turned pitch black and that's when I saw the face. The face of the Devil himself. It was the most horrific thing ever. There were these giant horns protruding from both sides of his head, which was splattered in blood. Then he started speaking in a foreign language, but he would stop and say "You'll die" in this horrific sounding voice. It was deep and raspy. I woke up drenched in sweat that night, screaming. Screaming for help. For comfort. But no one came. No one came because it was just me, in that big house. The boys were staying at the studio late that night, working on music for the TMH tour. They didn't come home till noon the next day.

I didn't bother telling Ashton about it because he'd just send me to a therapist. A head shrink. They could say all they wanted, but they wouldn't be able to help me. No one would. I'd have to endure the nightmares all by myself.

I looked over at my alarm clock. It was 2 am. The boys wouldn't be home for another 10 hours. These days all they ever did was record at the studio, even on their days off. They work so hard to please the 5SOS family. They never cease to disappoint. Some days I get frustrated with Ashton, because I just want to spend time with my brother. It seems that he's never around when I want to spend time with him. But I guess that it doesn't matter much because I've been hanging out with the 1D boys on their days off. They're all so nice. And talented, it amazes me that they didn't win first place on the X-Factor.

The room lightened up. I looked around to find the source of the bright light, and it was my phone. A call from Ashton.

"Hello?" I yawned. "Rose? Are you alright? Were you sleeping?" Ashton's questions flooded my mind. Was I what you would call alright? The answer was no. "Yes, I'm alright. And no, I wasn't sleeping. I woke up a little while ago due to a terrible nightmare, but it's alright now.." I sighed. "You're lying. You sighed. You always sigh when you lie." Ashton said. "What's wrong Rose? Do you want the boys and I home?" Ash added. "No, you don't have to come home because of a stupid nightmare that I had, although it would be nice.." I said. "Kay, be there in 10." Ash said and hung up. Maybe 2:30 am wasn't such a bad time to bond with my sibling.

I got out of bed and walked over to my closet. I pulled on some sweatpants and a crewneck sweater. I walked downstairs and heard a car pull into the driveway. The boys were home. I walked to the door and opened it. Immediately Ashton pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry." He said and kissed my hair. "What are you sorry for?" I asked, still in Ashton's arms. "For not being there. For always being at the studio when you need me." And for once in my life, I felt like my brother was back. Back from an alien planet, where all he did was eat, record, and sleep, and repeat it the next day, and the day after that, and so on.