Tiring

Maine removed her wig and placed it softly on top of a table. She was at the hosts' room and they were just done with Kalye Serye. In a short while, she was about to leave to make a quick stop to her condo to get her dress for Bossing and Pauleen's wedding.

"Okay na tayo Maine?" Direk Pat pushed the door. She still wore the headset and lapel. Maine nodded as she heard the door closed. She was about to get her bag when the door creaked open again. She looked up and saw Alden.

"Hey..." she greeted. She gave a smile.

"Hey..." Alden said back. He approached her and placed his backhand on her forehead. "May sakit ka ba?"

"Wala."

"Eh bakit ka matamlay?"

Maine did not know what to say. RJ always had a way to know if she was good or not.

"Hah? Hindi ah. I'm good promise." she reassuringly patted his arm and turned around. She felt RJ's hands on her elbows.

"Maine...you're not okay. You smile, yes. I mean, you always smile but ngayon, it did not reach your eyes." RJ lowered his head and peered at her face. Maine slightly pouted her lips.

Darn it. He's always sharp. Maine thought. She heaved a breath and smiled again. This time, she made sure that her eyes followed. "See? Smiling. I'm good, promise." she averted her eyes.

RJ breathe deep and held her arms. He pulled her to the sofa with him and faced her. "Tell me. Am I not trustworthy enough?"

"Anong not trustworthy enough? Sa ginawa ba natin kanina wala pa akong tiwala sa'yo?"

"Eh bakit 'di mo sinasabi sa'ken kung anong nangyayari sa'yo?

"Wala naman kasi---okay, fine." Maine crossed her arms and leaned. She looked at the floor. "Nakakapagod lang ang arc ngayon."

RJ did not say anything. This is what they usually do if someone wants to tell a story, or problem. They do not speak or interrupt the other until one of them is done.

"Parang...parang alam mo 'yun? 'Yung lahat ng emotions ko nilalabas ko dito? Parang napaka-tragic. Basta." Maine tucked her hair beside her ears. RJ noticed it. A usual mannerism when she was trying to convey her emotions through words. Still, he did not say anything.

"Alam kong tragic ang AnseRa. We were given the gist, scripts, what we should do and whatnots. Pero kasi...iba 'yung feeling kapag ginagawa mo na?" Maine looked at RJ with a pained expression on her face.

"Oh, 'kaw naman." she said when Alden did not say anything. She fixed her hair that were rumpled from leaning on the sofa.

"Hmmmm...nakakapagod talaga kapag invested ka sa story and character. For me, if you want to be good with your craft, you really need to exert physical and emotional efforts." RJ released a breath. He smiled a little and touched Maine's forehead with a forefinger. "Bakit ka ba napapagod?"

Maine looked at him and suddenly she blushed. A full blown crimson that made RJ curl his eyebrows. "Okay ka lang? Namumula ka?"

Maine shook her head and looked at her entwined hands. "Naisip ko lang, what if totoo lahat nang 'to..."

"Totoo?"

Maine silently rolled her eyes. Really, sometimes this adorable guy besides her is totally clueless. She raised her head and smiled again. This time, it reached her eyes.

"I'm good na Shoks."

RJ stared at her again. Scrutinizing if what she said was true. Maine suddenly laughed and patted his left knee.

"We really need to go."

RJ held her hand and squeezed it. "You know I'm always here right?"

Maine smiled again and squeezed his hand back. "Ditto."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I wanted to write another part of this one-shot under Tisoy's POV. I find it easier to write him because Maine is adorably complicated. Tell me what you think please?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

If in case my one-shots resemble another story, please tell me immediately. I am also reading some fics and I might have copied their idea UNINTENTIONALLY.

@cai_ADMC

Ciao!