Smiling

RJ checked his IG account to keep up with everything that he missed for the past two weeks. He was unable to post anything as projects over projects came in for him and Maine.

Maine

This woman changed his life. Actually, change was not the exact word. She turned it 180 degrees and still maintained to keep it that way. A lot of people--scratch that--billions of people told him that. Needless to say, he remembered every moment of it by heart.

RJ checked Maine's IG page and saw that even she had not updated anything. He smiled suddenly. Prior to her picture as Nidora, she posted a short video of her singing a part of A Thousand Years. It was practically her answer to his own post of the same song. They both knew that it was simply giving in to her fans' whims. But for him, it gave an impact he just could not explain yet.

Satisfied, he closed the application and turned around when he heard his name. They were done for the day and he was more than ready to go home.

"Uwian na." Maine approached him. He looked at her and saw a mirror of what he was feeling at that time. Tired and sleepy.

"Okay. Sinong kasama mong umuwi?"

"Si Tristan. Though i-ddrop off lang namin siya then ikot pauwi sa condo." Maine looked up at him and smiled. "Pagod ka na Shoks."

"Ikaw din naman. Oy, huwag ka nang magpupuyat huh?"

"Hmmmm..."

"Maine..."

"Opo. Hindi na po magpupuyat." Maine giggled a little. RJ sighed. He knew that she won't follow his advice. Everytime that he saw her without make up, her eyes screamed a good long sleep. They both wanted that indulgence but compared to him, Maine still had a lot of adjustments to do.

"Seryoso ako sa sinasabi ko Nicomaine."

"Ay grabe s'ya. Full name na. Daig mo pa si Tatay."

"Ang tigas kasi ng ulo mo. Anong oras na, bbyahe pa tayo pareho tapos pagdating sa bahay mag-iinternet ka pa. Pwede namang bukas na lang magcheck ng Twitter, pwede namang unahin muna ang---"

Maine stopped him with her forefinger on his lips. RJ smelled her lotion and felt her soft finger. "Ang daldal..."

RJ stared at her. He suddenly felt his smile wavering when he saw something in her eyes. She was backing off again. She removed her finger on his lips and looked down. A few seconds passed in silence.

RJ tucked his hands inside his pockets. "Naguguluhan ako."

Maine still did not look up. She was playing with her heels and copied him in placing her hands in her pockets.

"Hindi naman kita minamadali pero kapag nandyan na, bigla kang umaatras."

Maine stopped with her ministrations. RJ saw her biting her lower lips. "Oy, nanahimik ka na." He reached for her arm.

"Sorry?" Maine said.

"Saan?"

"Sa pagiging babae ko."

"Hindi ko na-gets 'yun pero there's no need to apologize. Ako pa ba Nicomaine?"

Maine suddenly smiled. "Alam mo, ikaw lang yata ang nagsasabi ng full name ko pero hindi ako natatakot."

RJ smirked. "Kailan kaya ako seseryosohin ng isang Nicomaine Dei Capili Mendoza?" He stretched his arms across his chest and looked up. The clouds were clear with patches of stars decorating the sky. It was past 3am and dawn was coming.

Maine looked up too. "Hmmmm..." Seconds ticked by as they both silently enjoyed the quietness of the moment. RJ did not know what Maine was thinking but he softly prayed it was about them.

"Maine, Alden, tara na nang maka-uwi na agad. Ay teka, isang picture muna bago tayo umuwi."

They both sighed quietly. A sudden change of mood and they smiled at the camera.

"Mauna na kami."

RJ stared at her for a brief moment before he nodded. "Matulog ka na."

Maine sighed again. She gave a short smile and nodded too.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I wonder when they will take that leap of faith? Or have they taken it? Ayyyiiieee!

I am quite busy with work now and cannot update HCAABMH. Ideas are pouring in but when I'm about to write them, Bam!, borlogs. Hahahaha!

Hope you like this story. Wala akong kwentang magpakilig noh? Hahahaha!